• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- If gas prices climb any higher...

75 posts in this topic

Ugh....

please remove all my posts from this thread, I think I'm going to be sick.

It just goes to show you how grateful people in the UK are...we've saved your 4sses so many times it isn't even funny....your little island would be Germany right now if it wasn't for us. I see how the BBC and the other rags over there are so anti-american it isn't even funny. If you don't like us....don't take anything from us...nothing, no trade at all, get it from your other Euro friends and we will take nothing from you.

I'm sorry you guys have $8 gas....I'm sorry that your pay the SAME for a barrel of oil as we do...and that your country is fvcking you with taxes. 75% of that $8 a gallon you are paying over there is TAXES....you know, the WHOLE REASON WE BROKE AWAY FROM YOU GUYS IN THE FIRST PLACE HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO.

Both our countries are paying $40 a barrel for oil, gas here is $2.00 a gallon for regular on average...gas there is 3x - 4x that much yet we BOTH pay the same for a barrel of oil.

Yeah, that is our fault you 893censored-thumb.gif...

I officially drop out of this thread. mad.gif

Please do respond since you were totally wrong.. blush.gif

.Here in America people who have never driven in their life pay for you to get cheap gas...that sounds fair. 893frustrated.gif..

In england they tax the people who are buying gas...that sounds a little better to me.. :cloud9

people paying for what they use...of course that is not the american way. I have to pay for everyone else. That is the american way...

I also love when americans tell people that they would be speaking german if we had not "saved their butts in WW2" that always brings a smile to my face...

http://www.lightparty.com/Light/PriceOfGas.html

I don't know in all fairness people in genreal have a right to an alloutperson_without_enough_empathy session

when prices double in the course of 3 years

It wasn't too long ago that gas was under $1 a gallon!!!!!

And don't get me wrong, if the prices reach $3 a gallon

I vow to start riding my freakin' bike to work.

I mean, one of the things that we're missing is that a healthy National Economy

equals a healthy world economy (When one major country is in a slump all others are soon to follow). With this in mind, America just started to really get to it's feet then Wham! gas prices

send the doubters to panic - thus less spending - thus less jobs - thus a poorer national economy - thus a poorer world economy!

THANKS OPEC!!

IT MUST BE NICE TO SWIM IN MONEY AND NOT GIVE A CRAPP!! mad.gif

Ugh....

please remove all my posts from this thread, I think I'm going to be sick.

It just goes to show you how grateful people in the UK are...we've saved your 4sses so many times it isn't even funny....your little island would be Germany right now if it wasn't for us. I see how the BBC and the other rags over there are so anti-american it isn't even funny. If you don't like us....don't take anything from us...nothing, no trade at all, get it from your other Euro friends and we will take nothing from you.

I'm sorry you guys have $8 gas....I'm sorry that your pay the SAME for a barrel of oil as we do...and that your country is fvcking you with taxes. 75% of that $8 a gallon you are paying over there is TAXES....you know, the WHOLE REASON WE BROKE AWAY FROM YOU GUYS IN THE FIRST PLACE HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO.

Both our countries are paying $40 a barrel for oil, gas here is $2.00 a gallon for regular on average...gas there is 3x - 4x that much yet we BOTH pay the same for a barrel of oil.

Yeah, that is our fault you 893censored-thumb.gif...

I officially drop out of this thread. mad.gif

Please do respond since you were totally wrong.. blush.gif

.Here in America people who have never driven in their life pay for you to get cheap gas...that sounds fair. 893frustrated.gif..

In england they tax the people who are buying gas...that sounds a little better to me.. :cloud9

people paying for what they use...of course that is not the american way. I have to pay for everyone else. That is the american way...

I also love when americans tell people that they would be speaking german if we had not "saved their butts in WW2" that always brings a smile to my face...

http://www.lightparty.com/Light/PriceOfGas.html

I will add this...sure, I grumble like a lot of people about the soaring price of gasoline, but heck I grumble about the soaring price of fast food, groceries, etc...oh, and old comic books as well grin.gif...it's human nature to grumble when your wallet's taking body blows...but the cost of living goes up each year, so it's a trend you have to learn to live with.

One thing that does [!@#%^&^] me off is that with all the technological advances in the just the past 5-10 years, of course there is an efficient way to power a car with something other than gasoline..it's just that the oil companies behind the government won't let that happen until we've completely exhausted our natural resources..the people who control the supply are making too much money...

I will also say that while America did play the part of the 'White Knight' during WWI and WWII, there were so many 'what-if's' during the second World War that one could argue things could have turned out entirely different...had a number of the German scientists not fled Germany, Hitler more than likely would have had the bomb before the US...scary thought, huh?

Also, I do prefer to look at history and keep things in context..I mean had the French not aided a struggling colonial army in the late 1700s, would all on this side of the Atlantic now be eating fish and chips and sitting down for 'tea' time?

One thing that does [!@#%^&^] me off is that with all the technological advances in the just the past 5-10 years, of course there is an efficient way to power a car with something other than gasoline..it's just that the oil companies behind the government won't let that happen until we've completely exhausted our natural resources..the people who control the supply are making too much money...

I like this. Without becoming too much of a conspriacy theorist, it would seem that viable alternatives to petrol have existed for probably 20+ years, were it not for the vested interests of current car manufacturers.

Taxes in this country have been mentioned quite a lot and you have a fair point. Let's look at diesel. Diesel is considered to be a far more envirnomanetally friendly alternative to petrol and it also gives a beter consumption viz miles to the gallon. The government in this country has latched on to that fact and in their wisdom has decided to progressively increase taxation on diesel until it outstrips that on pterol so any economic savings are wiped out. This is a five year ongoing plan. The situation is, "Hey, here we have a substance that is cheaper than petol, gives better economy than petrol and is healthier for the planet than petrol. What shall we do with it? I know, let's tax it to the hilt so that people see no justification in buying it and use petrol instead!". I might add that there are (were) sufficient oil reserves off the coast of Scotland to keep the UK in fuel for about 1000 years, but successive governements have decided to sell those off to pay for their general mismanagement.

I will also say that while America did play the part of the 'White Knight' during WWI and WWII, there were so many 'what-if's' during the second World War that one could argue things could have turned out entirely different...had a number of the German scientists not fled Germany, Hitler more than likely would have had the bomb before the US...scary thought, huh?

OT in this OT thread, but the US space program used as it's guiding father Werner Von Braun, one of the aforementioned German scientists. Aside from his post cold war contributions and appearances in Disney cartoons, Von Braun also designed the V1 and V2 missiles that Germany bombed England with in WW2 ("Hi kids, this week Mickey Mouse will show you how to bomb the cr*p out of London").

Unfortunately, Von Braun's fixation with rocket propulsion seriously held the US back in the space race and the general lack of advancement was one of the reasons why the whole thing died the death in the mid 70's.

$35 to fill up? where to i go for that? the bay area is the most expensive place in the country to buy gas. i drive a land outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed and if i don't hit $50 (where pumps shut down by the way), i'm happy.

I have a Ford Explorer and also live in the bay area. $45-50 is my typical damage at the pump. 893frustrated.gif

My beef is that MILK costs more than gasoline. unluss you buy it on sale, you're paying over 3 bucks a gallon.

makes you wish you owned a cow! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My beef is that MILK costs more than gasoline. unluss you buy it on sale, you're paying over 3 bucks a gallon.

Solution - Petro over your cornflakes mmmmmmmm!!! grin.gif

that would solve your lactose intolerence problem to! grin.gif