• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare! Original Art! GRANT MORRISON'S Doom Patrol #19 (1st)! ReVeRsE AuCTioN!!!

10 posts in this topic

Okay, I've decided to go after a few different pieces of original art, so I'm going to let go of a couple of gems in my collection to generate the funds:

I've got two wonderful pieces for your consideration which I'll post in a moment. The opening price is 50% (or below) what I'm seeing as art dealer pricing online.

But first, the rules :rulez:

1. This is a reverse auction! Auction begins at 7pm Mountain Time (9pm Eastern) on 12/22! Ends at 7pm Mountain Time on Christmas Eve (12/24).

2. Price Drops $1 Every Hour for Each individual piece of Art. So, if you say :takeit: "I'll take it" at 7pm Eastern on 12/23 (24 hours after auction begins), you get $24 off the asking price; if you take both at that time, it's $48 off!!

3. First :takeit: gets it, although you are welcome to PM offers.

4. Paypal "personal" or money order or check MUCH prefer, but if you must Paypal with a card, PM me and we'll work it out.

5. Please, no probation or Shamers...

References available from fellow boardies if you'd appreciate that!

Okay, and now for the art...

Up first, and if you're a Negative Man / Rebis fan, this one's a must have...

... from Grant Morrison's first issue of Doom Patrol, Issue 19, page 14, is the first appearance of Morrison's Rebis (I believe!)...

I've had a hard time pricing this one. Checking online, I can only find one dealer with comparable works of art, and he wants between $600 and $1000!!!

This one is $220 (shipping included to US, international, please ask), but I'm open to offers... (REMEMBER, PRICE DROPS BY $1 EVERY HOUR STARTING AT 7pm MOUNTAIN on 12/22!)

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0076-1.jpg

IMAG0077-1.jpg

Up next, and not from issue 19, but rather from issue 26, is what I consider to be Richard Case's nicest page from his Doom Patrol run (a very personal opinion, I must agree). When I bought this back in 1990, I looked through a bunch of his work and thought that image of Paris and the framing was wonderful, as are the characters.

This one is issue 26, page 11, and I'm asking $180 here (shipping included) (REMEMBER, PRICE DROPS BY $1 PER HOUR FOR UP TO 48 HOURS!)

IMAG0081-1.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

Finally, a couple of final notes:

1. I'd welcome and appreciate feedback on my pricing (please PM me) as this is the first time I'm selling original art. My starting prices appear to be less than 50% of that of the online dealers that I'm finding.

2. Offers welcome, but first "I'll take it" takes them home.

3. $375 for both! (THAT PRICE DROPS BY $2 FOR EVERY HOUR STARTING 12/22 AT 7pm MOUNTAIN!)

Thus was one of the best runs in comics! Superb prices.

I must agree - one of the best runs in comics! Thanks for the kind words about pricing.

On that note, prices now $14 below asking price - $206 for the issue 19 page, and $166 for the issue 26 page!

Anyone? :baiting: