• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HIGH GRADE Bronze Age Collection Just Acquired

89 posts in this topic

I just hate TIME WASTERS!

Well that is understandable, but I have to believe that, as you Do seem to have a handle on what you want and what you like, and have takes on the biz aspects of collecting, that you have pre-made want lists and no time was actually wasted for YOU.

It is best to let the others who actually DID submit or compile/submit want lists to express their own outrage, neh?

mad.gif

Oh go pass gas or whatever it is you do when you are too occupied to actually use words but just emoticon your way to a million posts! tongue.gif

893frustrated.gif I sent a list! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

P.S. Get your books yet? confused-smiley-013.gif

P.S. Get your books yet?

Don't think so. I go back to work on Wednesday - took Tuesday off. You'll be the first to know and the denizens here will be the 2nd to know. Hopefully can scan some nice looking ones! thumbsup2.gif

I sent a list!

Sucka! 27_laughing.gif

I was waiting for a call! frown.gif Oh well...more money to spend elsewhere....if it's OK with a certain member of the board? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was waiting for a call! frown.gif Oh well...more money to spend elsewhere....if it's OK with a certain member of the board? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused.gif

Ummmm...check my thread in the marketplace! gossip.gif

Ummmm...check my thread in the marketplace!

Why not link it? You WASTE OUR TIME suggesting we LOOK for your thread! Danged TIME WASTER!!!!!!!!!! mad.giftongue.gif

sorry.gif I will go away now! sorry.gif

Ummmm...check my thread in the marketplace!

Why not link it? You WASTE OUR TIME suggesting we LOOK for your thread! Danged TIME WASTER!!!!!!!!!! mad.giftongue.gif

sorry.gif I will go away now! sorry.gif

You tease us with your temporary promises!!!!!! devil.gif

confused.gif

Ummmm...check my thread in the marketplace! gossip.gif

I'm not going to waste my time reading that garbage. 893naughty-thumb.gif

It is best to let the others who actually DID submit or compile/submit want lists to express their own outrage, neh?

Like I've said a few times, I was compiling a want list, but once the "delays" started up, warning bells went off and I just knew something was up. Either the deal was falling through or he has an outside offer, but either way, I didn't hold out much hope, so I never forwarded it.

Like I've said a few times, I was compiling a want list, but once the "delays" started up, warning bells went off and I just knew something was up. Either the deal was falling through or he has an outside offer, but either way, I didn't hold out much hope, so I never forwarded it.

You're getting way to riled up over something that wouldn't have affected you either way.

I'm all for ripping a new one into the real criminals in this hobby, but this is seriously unsubstantiated. How come I've never seen you rip into Hammer when he used to be on these boards? "Morally" speaking, he's the worst poster to ever grace these forums, yet I don't ever recall a serious bout between you and him. Even if you look at this situation in the worst possible light, what occured here is nothing compared to what Hammer has done in this hobby, and on these boards. Where was your ferocity then?

To ratchet it down a notch (or to be totally ignored... take your pick laugh.gif), I didn't send a want list cuz I didn't see the point of the phone call/paypal-only restrictions.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Just to throw my hand in the fire (or however that phrase goes), Brent of Quality Comix offered me several of the early FF's on my want list. He took the time to mail me scans and although we didn't complete a sale, his booth will be one of the first I visit at the SD Con. thumbsup2.gif

And he also strikes me as a guy who has a lot of inventory turnover so giving him your want list can pay dividends in the not so distant future.

Joe, as I said, I cannot believe someone like you (and that is complimentary) doesn;t already HAVE want lists - especially when the offer is so broad: "This collection is a huge high grade silver/bronze collection with a little gold thrown in. The bronze age books are mostly NM or better off the shelf copies and there are multiple copies of most of the keys and long runs of some great titles. Most of the high grade books are post 1965." and nothing specific.

I honestly would have imagined you'd have a want list already that would fit this.

Joe, as I said, I cannot believe someone like you (and that is complimentary) doesn;t already HAVE want lists - especially when the offer is so broad: "This collection is a huge high grade silver/bronze collection with a little gold thrown in. The bronze age books are mostly NM or better off the shelf copies and there are multiple copies of most of the keys and long runs of some great titles. Most of the high grade books are post 1965." and nothing specific.

I honestly would have imagined you'd have a want list already that would fit this.

I could imagine him not having one just as easily as well.

Personally, what I *really* want varies on a day to day basis. While I have a master list, there are some days that I want some of the things more than others and really don't feel an urgent need to spend money on those lesser wants.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan