• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curator FF's!

465 posts in this topic

Those are really nice books, but that buyers premium is crazy.

:facepalm:

knew that was coming

I thought people who read comics as kids were supposed to be smarter than the other kids. I'm just amazed at the number of mathematically challenged comic collectors on these boards. And who can't spell or use proper grammar, now that I think about it.

To be a typical comic nerd AND dumber than average must've been a really horrible combination growing up. :eek:

knew that was coming

I'm beginning to think Heritage should offer an iPhone app or website widget that helps people determine what their bid should be. Enter what you want your total bid to be and the bid amount without the buyer's premium shows up.

Of course, most people own calculators and the BP is close enough to 20% that doing the rough math in your head isn't that hard. But that hasn't stopped the buyer's premium from needlessly scaring people away. Based on how many people on these boards talk about the BP, it's something they might want to consider, no matter what it says about the future of mankind.

knew that was coming

I thought people who read comics as kids were supposed to be smarter than the other kids. I'm just amazed at the number of mathematically challenged comic collectors on these boards. And who can't spell or use proper grammar, now that I think about it.

To be a typical comic nerd AND dumber than average must've been a really horrible combination growing up. :eek:

Bang on cue.

If there's any way to press Tim's buttons.... ;)

This topic really should be stickied once and for all.

knew that was coming

I'm beginning to think Heritage should offer an iPhone app or website widget that helps people determine what their bid should be. Enter what you want your total bid to be and the bid amount without the buyer's premium shows up.

Of course, most people own calculators and the BP is close enough to 20% that doing the rough math in your head isn't that hard. But that hasn't stopped the buyer's premium from needlessly scaring people away. Based on how many people on these boards talk about the BP, it's something they might want to consider, no matter what it says about the future of mankind.

lol

Maybe heritage should reverse their calculations! let our bids be the final bid after buyers commission. In other words, take their 19.5 out of our bids and not tacked on afterwards.

I'm sure the auction business bean counters have advised that hey make more tacking it on, but I wonder how much more it would really be on an annual basis, since most of us already bid WITh the big included....

And we would no longer have to do the math in our heads etc!

I'm sure the auction business bean counters have advised that hey make more tacking it on, but I wonder how much more it would really be on an annual basis, since most of us already bid WITh the big included....

According to ha.com, they've done $822,041,793 worth of business in the last year. I think there's no doubt at all that they've had this analysed to the nth degree by an army of bean counters.

Any tiny advantage they can figure out is worth tens of millions to them at this point.

I don't want to disparage these books but I went to the preview today and saw several of these early FFs in hand and all I'll say is, if you're thinking of spending serious money on these books, it would behoove you to either see them in person or have someone see them for you before bidding.

I don't want to disparage these books but I went to the preview today and saw several of these early FFs in hand and all I'll say is, if you're thinking of spending serious money on these books, it would behoove you to either see them in person or have someone see them for you before bidding.

So, which ones are you wanting?

They didn't seem all that appealing online nor in the full page outlay in the catalog. And certainly, to say that many were given a generous grade is an understatement.

So, which ones are you wanting?

I'm not after any of them, but the FF #5 is exceptional in person, save for a few flaws.

All of my high bids on the Curators just got beaten. Now the question is do I put in another round of punishment bids?

--And with the eleventy millionth swoop tth2 becomes the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.