• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martin Emond

1 post in this topic

I don't make a habit of frequenting the various comics boards so the suicide of New Zealand artist Martin Emond was news to me when I discovered a short time ago. I'd been searching for titles with his artwork and came up with several obituaries.

He's best known in the U.S. for his 4-issue White Trash collaboration with Gordon Rennie that came out in '93. I suppose his most recent work to see print in the States was his art for Verotik...some wickedly outrageous covers but very few interiors. I know he provided the art for several British titles but don't know which. Apparently he'd been concentrating on designs for a clothing line and plans were in the works for an animated series featuring a character of his at the time of his death.

Anyone able to provide any regarding his published comic work? I'm aware of his Verotik stuff, White Trash, the cover to The Spectre vol. 3 #23 and a few issues of Heavy Metal. Any other information would be appreciated.