• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed....sold

52 posts in this topic

Sorry mate but there were extenuating circumstances that I feel best left not posted in public. I prefer not to mention his PM. No harm done. It's all part of the hobby I guess. I'm now selling to another member

At the request of the new potential buyer I will detail what occurred . 1st buyer said "I'll take it" and then asked to have MoonGirl thrown in as part of the deal. I'm sure it was a misunderstanding and I haven't heard back from them. Let's move on please

Sorry mate but there were extenuating circumstances that I feel best left not posted in public. I prefer not to mention his PM. No harm done. It's all part of the hobby I guess. I'm now selling to another member

At the request of the new potential buyer I will detail what occurred . 1st buyer said "I'll take it" and then asked to have MoonGirl thrown in as part of the deal. I'm sure it was a misunderstanding and I haven't heard back from them. Let's move on please

No problem. And as regards your new buyer ... dang it again!!!

It's rather alarming when a book is purchased, the buyer is then called a "no show" less than 9 1/2 hours later, and then the books are sold to a subsequent purchaser shortly thereafter. In a community that actively polices itself, questions do get raised, and you most definitely should expect some, when you don't disclose exactly what happened in a situation such as this.

Just saying that is...

Nice books, Congrats on the sale!

I disagree with the seller's take. Here is my PM that the seller felt should not be disclosed -

"Great! Would you be willing to throw in the Moon Girl 3 for $185 total?"

I was distracted and I miscalculated the total, I meant to offer $230. I responded with the corrected offer within one hour of his PM but I did not notice that he withdrew himself from the conversation so he did not get the corrected offer hence the "no show" label.

I disagree with the seller's take. Here is my PM that the seller felt should not be disclosed -

"Great! Would you be willing to throw in the Moon Girl 3 for $185 total?"

I was distracted and I miscalculated the total, I meant to offer $230. I responded with the corrected offer within one hour of his PM but I did not notice that he withdrew himself from the conversation so he did not get the corrected offer hence the "no show" label.

First, I have no idea why I am so invested in this, maybe bored at work before the holiday...

Second, why would the seller remove himself from a PM of an pending sale? That is worrisome. Whether or not he agreed to sell you the 3rd book at the discounted price, you still were obliged to pay, and the seller obliged to sell you, the 2 books you publically posted in the thread.

No worries. Just a misunderstanding between us. Happy New Year

Most importantly, has there been an amicable resolve with the original purchaser?

You had hot books and a nice price - obviously, but because one purchaser can pay within the hour, does not preclude the original purchaser of having greater rights to the books when there was nothing in your post about immediate payment required.

The whole thing runs afoul, sorry - nothing personal (posting 3 separate threads and now this). If the answer to the 3rd is yes - basically if mldynes (a.k.a. Mr. Mustachio) gives the (thumbs u - then everything is good. But until then, although I appreciate the Happy New Year gesture, the dialogue needs to continue as it would have bearing 1) on the immediate sale and 2) for subsequent sales - I for one wanted the books, but missed out.

Moon Girl was a bump thread. I was spanked already by Dale for not using proper board etiquette for 2 separate threads.

Finally, the first buyer made and error and apologized and I am guilty for pulling the trigger too soon based on the assumption that he wanted 3 for 185.00 and not 2. Please tell me how this is negligent on my part?

You just said in the same post that you were at fault ("I'm guilty for pulling the trigger too soon").

Why would you have deleted the initial (and incorrect) PM offer instead of just responding?