• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed....sold

52 posts in this topic

Seller made an error, but adding him to hall of shame when he did not actually receive payment seems little :insane: overkill.

I agree here. I don't think the seller should be added to HOS or even Probabtion list.

I think he made a genuine error. I don't think he'll make it again.

I think the lesson to be learned is to take it slow and make sure there is a clear understanding. Admittedly, being slow is one of my problems (especially when sending folks scans of stuff they might be interested in), but these are relatively hard to find books, that second buyer will be there in the 6 or 8 hours it takes to clarify what's going on (or you can always PM the second buyer to let them know there might be an issue with the original purchaser, so it may become available to them, not spend their money elsewhere just yet, etc.) --- it's not like you're trying to capitalize on Skullkickers #1 in the 18 hours it is hot... I too was surprised by the "no show" comment as mldynes has bought stuff from me, paid promptly, etc. and it didn't look like any real time had passed. I guess the thing is, around here we'd like to avoid rushing to judgment.

Seller made an error, but adding him to hall of shame when he did not actually receive payment seems little :insane: overkill.

I agree here. I don't think the seller should be added to HOS or even Probabtion list.

I was wrong - apologize for the misstatement. I think everyone got what I was trying to get across.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that there is a large mountain being created out of an actual molehill. There's a little bit of fault here on both sides. Not much on either. Nothing probation or HOS worthy here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that there is a large mountain being created out of an actual molehill. There's a little bit of fault here on both sides. Not much on either. Nothing probation or HOS worthy here.

Actually, if the comics have been sold to someone else, I think that's exactly what the Probation List is for, no?

I think it'd be great if buyer #2 could find a way to bow out of the deal, leaving the two ECs (that I totally want!!!) for buyer #1.

Actually, if the comics have been sold to someone else, I think that's exactly what the Probation List is for, no?

I think it'd be great if buyer #2 could find a way to bow out of the deal, leaving the two ECs (that I totally want!!!) for buyer #1.

+1

The seller backed out of an agreed upon transaction with mldynes, end of story. There's certainly no fault here on the part of mldynes. (shrug)

Without order, there is only chaos. hm

Wow, I walked away this morning and this thing took off. I really appreciate my fellow boardies having my back. I actually have never met any of the people that posted here. I haven't been on the boards very long. I think the board's response speaks well for this self regulating system. I see a passion for ensuring that the system functions smoothly and securely and this gives me confidence in future transactions.

I have been thinking about this all day. I accept my part, I see how the PM I sent could have given the seller the impression that I was not on the up and up. However, I found the response bizarre. Honestly, I want the books. The seller has made clear that the books have been sold to someone else. At this point I am apprehensive and I don't want to cause a headache for anyone. Needless to say, I have been less than impressed with this transaction or lack thereof. I don't know that probation or HOS is necessary, I will leave that to the powers that be (who decides this anyway?).

Wow, I walked away this morning and this thing took off. I really appreciate my fellow boardies having my back. I actually have never met any of the people that posted here. I haven't been on the boards very long. I think the board's response speaks well for this self regulating system. I see a passion for ensuring that the system functions smoothly and securely and this gives me confidence in future transactions.

I have been thinking about this all day. I accept my part, I see how the PM I sent could have given the seller the impression that I was not on the up and up. However, I found the response bizarre. Honestly, I want the books. The seller has made clear that the books have been sold to someone else. At this point I am apprehensive and I don't want to cause a headache for anyone. Needless to say, I have been less than impressed with this transaction or lack thereof. I don't know that probation or HOS is necessary, I will leave that to the powers that be (who decides this anyway?).

Probation List is up to you. If you want him on there you can go to the discussion thread and state your case. HOS doesn't really apply I'd say.

So, the deal with the second buyer is definitely a done deal? That was quick (and is too bad).