• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Does Your Stuff go When You Pass? Apparently Straight to eBay.

94 posts in this topic

Your original reply still makes me chuckle

See how I gave you mess, but then engaged you in a friendly manner?

You're welcome.

I never did get that Tec 48...

Buzz, did the Grandson ever reply to your message?

No, I don't think he did.

He would have if you wrote to him in frenchie.

Buzz, did the Grandson ever reply to your message?

No, I don't think he did.

He would have if you wrote to him in frenchie.

I don't follow enough hockey.

My wife is very familiar with values of my books.I have a living trust that explains in detail what to do and who to sell to.I have some board members here in my trust for my wife to contact. (thumbs u

That's actually a great idea. I don't have any children, and I don't have any friends who collect. I'd hate the idea of my cherished treasures being tossed up unceremoniously on Ebay. At least that's one way to pass them on.

Now, I just need some friends. Haha.

My name is Hal, I'd love to be your pal :banana:

Five years older since I started this thread.

In my mind less is more and I've been dillegently trying to buy less and sell off more. No one will want all this when I am long gone.

Oh I'm sure my wife will burn them in the front yard with a sigh of relief.

Does your wife have a long lost sister because I think I'm married to her.

my wife refuses to acknowledge that they even exist!

my better half is the same way

Is there a thread for wives who hate comic books?.... there must be :frustrated:

My wife would be gone before my comic collection. lol

You just tell her you were collecting comics when you met her, and you'll be collecting comics when she's gone.

My wife detests all things comic-book related.

So I give her an option.

I hold up both of my hands as if they were weigh scales and say..."in this hand I play hockey and collect comic books. In the other hand are strippers and cocaine. Pick one."

In my mind less is more and I've been dillegently trying to buy less and sell off more. No one will want all this when I am long gone.

+1

My son enjoyed collecting for a little while, but he's just starting his independent adult life and it seems like a terrible thing to do to burden him with a dozen longboxes of raw books and another 10 shortboxes of slabs. Or my wife if she were to become widowed and have the house and all its stuffings to deal with.

I've been actively selling off my collection for several years now, and will get rid of the rest in earnest and at an accelerated rate starting next year when I'm retired from full time work.

The LCS owner I use just had a 91 year old man shop him his collection of GA books. The guy called him unsolicited, and they were able to agree on a price. So not everything goes to eBay, some people just know when it is time to let go.

But that collect had my jaw hit the floor. One owner copies of Detective 31 and 33, Batman 1, 2, and 3, Superman 3, Marvel Comics #2 (Timely imprint), and whole mess of Whiz comic. All in about the 5 to 7 range on grades. Not all the books were in the store, but not everyday you walk into a typical LCS and see Superman 3 on the wall raw.