• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2012 book club

991 posts in this topic

128. Fatale #1

129. Fatale #2

130. Duke Nukem: Glorious B*stard #1

131. Duke Nukem: Glorious B*stard #2

132. Duke Nukem: Glorious B*stard #3

133. Duke Nukem: Glorious B*stard #4

iZombie 1 - 17. Now contrary to the blazing reviews I've read here on the boards, I wasn't so enamored with this series. It had good points, but for large parts I felt I was reading a pastiche on a teen-age soap opera. It reminded me a bit of Buffy the Vampire slayer, a TV-series I also never really liked...

17 comics added for a total of 622 comics read in 2012.

iZombie 1 - 17. Now contrary to the blazing reviews I've read here on the boards, I wasn't so enamored with this series. It had good points, but for large parts I felt I was reading a pastiche on a teen-age soap opera. It reminded me a bit of Buffy the Vampire slayer, a TV-series I also never really liked...

:o

Although I agree with you about The Shade, I really enjoyed the 1st four issues. (thumbs u

:o

Although I agree with you about The Shade, I really enjoyed the 1st four issues. (thumbs u

I just can't stand teen angst ... comics need more grumpy old men. :sumo:

Bah Humbug!

Since I'm reading the New DC I thought I might as well give the modern Marvel titles a go as well.

The Avengers: 13-24, Annual 1

A lot of these issues cross-over into the Fear Itself event which I have yet to read, so they don’t quite have the impact that they should, even though you learn about the ‘deaths’ of two major Marvel characters. Still, we have the return of the Vision, Storm joins the team and the Avengers getting their backsides kicked by Norman Osborn and his new band of cronies. A good read all round.

New Avengers: 11-22, Annual 1

Some Avengers from 1959, some more Fear Itself stuff, Squirrel girl goes nuts, Daredevil with a big mother mucker machine gun and the new Dark Avengers. A lot of enjoyable issues.

Secret Avengers: 12-22

Some more Fear Itself, a number of one-off issues looking at individual Avengers and some science fiction based Warren Ellis stories that don’t really work for me. Not even some pretty art can stop this from being the weakest of the Avengers titles but with Rick Remender taking over the writing and Captain Britain joining the team things may improve.

Avengers Academy: 12-27

Possibly my favourite Marvel book at the moment. The best Fear Itself tie-ins, some new members, the old West Coast Avengers headquarters, Magneto, X-23, Dire Wraiths, Tigra in her bikini (meowww) and even a time travel story that works. Issue #27 where they meet the Runaways ( not the 70’s girl group) is pure genius.

Avengers 1959: 1-5

Some terrible art but a decent story of Marvel’s previous unwritten past.

Captain America – Man Out of Time: 1-5

A trip through Cap’s history, which would have been more poignant if we didn’t know that Bucky actually survived that plane blowing up in 1945. And the art is terrible.

Captain America – Reborn: 1-5 & Who Will Wear the Shield

A trip through Cap’s history, a glimpse into his future and then he comes back to life.

Total for 2012: 478

March reading... Invincible 0-89 plus The Pact 4, The Astounding Wolf-Man 11, and Invincible Returns 1.

Decided it was time for my annual re-reading of Invincible from start to current (read them while on the stationary bike). And I love this series every time I read it. <3

It is by far my favorite comic series. I just wish I could find another superhero comic series I enjoyed this much.

March reading... Invincible 0-89 plus The Pact 4, The Astounding Wolf-Man 11, and Invincible Returns 1.

Decided it was time for my annual re-reading of Invincible from start to current (read them while on the stationary bike). And I love this series every time I read it. <3

It is by far my favorite comic series. I just wish I could find another superhero comic series I enjoyed this much.

That's funny...I just started reading my invincible series, prior to getting rid of them. This is my first read and I'm up to issue #10 and really liking it a lot...can't wait to read the others, think I have the series up to somewhere in the 60's.

One of the best modern superhero series I've read in the last decade...

I keep seeing this thread (and people's counters) but never really looked at it...

1000 comics total? I feel like it would be almost impossible *not* to read 1000 in a year! Are those tickers that everyone is using just updated manually? I wonder if I can put back together a list of everything I've read thus far... I'm easily over the 250 mark to be on target for 1k in the year... hmmm...

I keep seeing this thread (and people's counters) but never really looked at it...

1000 comics total? I feel like it would be almost impossible *not* to read 1000 in a year! Are those tickers that everyone is using just updated manually? I wonder if I can put back together a list of everything I've read thus far... I'm easily over the 250 mark to be on target for 1k in the year... hmmm...

Do it.

All Star Western 7

Aquaman 7

Astonishing X-Men 48

Avengers 24.1

Avengers Vs. X-Men 0

Avenging Spider-Man 5

Batman The Dark Knight 7

Blue Beetle 7

Daredevil 10

FF 16

Flash 7