• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Texas Comic Con 2012

125 posts in this topic

George Perez has signed on to the Dallas Comic Con!

Awesome! VIP Sales just went up a ton. Last year the big draw was Amanda Conner and it was pretty much impossible to get a sketch from her if you weren't a VIP.

George Perez has signed on to the Dallas Comic Con!

Awesome! VIP Sales just went up a ton. Last year the big draw was Amanda Conner and it was pretty much impossible to get a sketch from her if you weren't a VIP.

I bought our VIP tickets/passes a while back and it looks like it's going to be worth it!

This thing keeps getting better, Neal Adams just signed on along with Len Wein (co-creator of Wolverine)! Amanda Conner is making a return trip as well!

If Wrightson is back too having Wein will also be fantastic for Swamp Thing books. I'll also be lining up with some ASMs for Wein.

Sadly, I just saw that Wrightson will be at a show in San Jose that weekend... :cry: So no possibility of getting Wrightson and Wein on the same book at this show. Bummer.

I can't wait!!! The new Irving convention center is really nice, but I sometimes find myself missing the Richardson Civic Center and the intimacy of the smaller past Cons. However, I do love that there has been an increase in the quality of guests attending in the past few years and it is nice having an authorized CGC entity there now (DWC).

Desert Wind Comics are some solid folks and they made my SS submissions last year very painless.

Star Wars 107 - Signed by Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)

Star%2520Wars%2520107%2520-%2520CGC%25209.6%2520Sig%2520Series.JPG

and Spectacular Spider-Man 1 from 1968 - Signed by Stan Lee (I had 2 copies of this book signed at the Con, but have since sold the 9.0)

Spectacular%2520Spider-Man%25201%2520%2528%252768%2529%2520-%2520CGC%25209.4%2520Sig%2520Series.JPG

I'm excited to see Kevin Conroy at this show. Maybe I can get a Batman trifecta with West, Kilmer, & Conroy.

My sister in law is in Dallas and its a real quick drive north from Austin so I should be able to go.

Kevin is going to be signing for free! I am going to get him to sign my Arkham Asylum and Arkham City video game covers and maybe one of my Batman: The Animated Series animation cells.

Got an e-mail that online ticket sales are wrapping up, so if you're planning to buy online check it out!

EDIT: I ordered online and it is a small savings ($5 off, but you have to pay $3.95 shipping). The good thing is that they mail you the actual badges (or at least they did last year) so there won't be standing in line to convert a receipt into an actual badge while others are getting into the con.

Got an e-mail that online ticket sales are wrapping up, so if you're planning to buy online check it out!

EDIT: I ordered online and it is a small savings ($5 off, but you have to pay $3.95 shipping). The good thing is that they mail you the actual badges (or at least they did last year) so there won't be standing in line to convert a receipt into an actual badge while others are getting into the con.

To anyone who did not order their passes online you can still get the $5 off using a coupon that will be in LCS's arounf the metroplex and the Dallas Observer paper.

I'm there Saturday only, but will definitely be making a full day of it. You at the La Quinta again Shark?

Haven't made my reservation yet but yes, I will be back at the LaQuinta. So they do have a shuttle? hm

I plan to get a lot of sigs (Stan Lee, Neal Adams, Greg Horn, Sam De La Rosa, Laura Vandervoort) for Signature Series slabs while I'm there (many of which will be sold after I get them back). Any confirmation on sig costs yet? Stan was $50 per signing last year - everybody else was no charge. :)

Shark, yes they have a shuttle (my brother "mysterio" and I stayed there last year too). In addition to the good continental breakfast. All you have to do is call to the front desk and let them know when you would like to leave and where you are going. It beat waiting in the parking line last year, we just parked at the hotel and they dropped us at the front door. It was sweet!

Shark, yes they have a shuttle (my brother "mysterio" and I stayed there last year too). In addition to the good continental breakfast. All you have to do is call to the front desk and let them know when you would like to leave and where you are going. It beat waiting in the parking line last year, we just parked at the hotel and they dropped us at the front door. It was sweet!

Yep, it worked out super well. Parking at the convention center was a nightmare, so it was wonderful to be picked up and dropped off for free.