• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 94

57 posts in this topic

I think if you put the book in it's appropriate tier of Express you will get the book from CGC in a timely manner. The backlog is just on the lower tiers. I would not press this book.

It looks like a natural 9.8. See if CGC gives it a 9.8 as is. If not, then consider a press.

Yes that's what a few guys told me, because it's so hard to find an issue that doesn't have one spine crease/tick mark on it, they believe most 94's get a "bump up" in grade from CGC.

I thought if I submitted book I was committed to grade they gave it. Does CGC contact you and let you know the grade before they seal it?

I think if you put the book in it's appropriate tier of Express you will get the book from CGC in a timely manner. The backlog is just on the lower tiers. I would not press this book.

It looks like a natural 9.8. See if CGC gives it a 9.8 as is. If not, then consider a press.

Yes that's what a few guys told me, because it's so hard to find an issue that doesn't have one spine crease/tick mark on it, they believe most 94's get a "bump up" in grade from CGC.

I thought if I submitted book I was committed to grade they gave it. Does CGC contact you and let you know the grade before they seal it?

Yes and No, you can find out the grade before it is encapsulated but I don't think you can stop the process = it will be encapsulated. If you don't like the grade, upon receiving it, you can open it and get it pressed and resubmitted, usually by the presser.

Yes and No, you can find out the grade before it is encapsulated but I don't think you can stop the process = it will be encapsulated. If you don't like the grade, upon receiving it, you can open it and get it pressed and resubmitted, usually by the presser.

Thanks guys for all of your help! This post serves as a reminder to me to get this book graded soon. I've been so busy studying time has flown by since I asked for everyone's grade opinion in this thread.

I'll work on getting this book submitted no later than May for sure and then post an update.

I'd send it to joey to get pressed, even if it's a .2 jump, because it seems the value increase would cover the pressing cost.

You make a good point. I'd rather submit the book once to CGC rather than do it twice to hope for a 9.8 if it comes back a 9.6.

If I go the pressing route, I'll probably wait until June. While I've heard nothing but good things about Joey's services, there is Classics Incorporated, a pressing company located in Dallas where I'll be on vacation this year, just a few miles down the road which will be very convenient for me.

I still have some time to mull over it. hm

Update if anyone is interested. I personally delivered it to Matt at Classics Incorporated on Monday. He conducted a pro-screen in front of me in his office which consisted of a restoration and trimming check, looked at it to see if it was a pressing candidate, and then assigned a grade he believed CGC would give the book when it's slabbed.

94 passed as no restoration or trimming had been done to the book in the past. He did find a flaw I didn't see before, a large bend on the fc. I pointed out to him the dent near the spine bottom staple on bc. He said both defects would press right out.

However he noted two defects that wouldn't press out. Slight foxing stains top edge on inside fc and bc. He thought it had a pretty good shot at 9.6 and slight chance CGC would grade it 9.8.

Anyone know how much slight foxing on inside cover pages would downgrade a book?

Foxing seemed pretty slight to me but heck I'm no expert. I only opened the book up maybe two or three times since I've had it.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and see. I never saw a reason to scan the inside covers and I don't ever see other guys doing it either.

Maybe I'll get lucky and CGC will be in a good mood when they grade the book?

Pretty Please?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Today I just received an e-mail from Classics Incorporated this issue has been graded by CGC as a OW/W....................9.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Doing back flips head spins :banana: :banana: :banana::applause::applause:^^ ^^

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Today I just received an e-mail from Classics Incorporated this issue has been graded by CGC as a OW/W....................9.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Doing back flips head spins :banana: :banana: :banana::applause::applause:^^ ^^

Really happy for you! What a great book!

THANKS!!!! You guys on here are awesome. I really appreciate all of the support and positive comments everyone gave.

I'll feel really good once it's back in my hands, should be early next week!