• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanboy

A FAN BOY is  

96 members have voted

1. 1. A FAN BOY is

26 posts in this topic

Who says it has to be a derogatory term? Wizard certainly doesn't seem to think so. confused-smiley-013.gif

Methinks that anyone who takes offense at the term might be a little too sensitive and/or insecure about the level of their own passion/involvement in the hobby. 893whatthe.gif I think these people, if they truly believe their own 893censored-thumb.gif, should *embrace* the fanboy label, not reject it.

But what if one isn't a boy?

Who says it has to be a derogatory term? Wizard certainly doesn't seem to think so. confused-smiley-013.gif

Methinks that anyone who takes offense at the term might be a little too sensitive and/or insecure about the level of their own passion/involvement in the hobby. 893whatthe.gif I think these people, if they truly believe their own 893censored-thumb.gif, should *embrace* the fanboy label, not reject it.

But what if one isn't a boy?

are you talking about Greggy? Just because he has an infatuation with Wonder Woman dolls, colelcts romance/love comics, and wears short-shorts doesn't mean he is any less of a fanboy.

Oh maybe you weren't talking about Greggy. My bad. sorry.gif

I thought it was someone who just loves reading and collecting comics and also enjoys comic related products like movies.

Jeeze why is everyone coming up with reasonable explanations and ignoring the 4th poll option?

Cause it is a trap. stooges.gif

Yeah! THAT is the trap. I thought folks who had a sense of assessment and intelligence would figure it out. frown.gif