• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A gazillion cheap trade paperbacks...

30 posts in this topic

Coming soon...

Yep it's almost that time again... After being rescued by the fire dept from being buried alive under a mound of Ultimate Spider-Man, I have a few thousand trades to sell...

This isn't the real post... it's just a trick to make you look...

But to give you an idea... here is PART of my stash of Frank Miller DD trades...

fmdd.jpg

And yes... there are plenty of #3 as well...

More cheap trades...

Coming soon...

'House

And just because I am bored...

Here is a shot of our forum legend... taken at the Emerald City Con in Seattle...

Two things are interesting about this picture...

First, greggy is wearing long pants.

Second, he is pawing through low grade Marvels... the very antithesis of "sweet, sweet DCs"...

greggy.jpg

A couple more shots I found on my camera that I forgot I had...

Here is the view facing South from the entrance to the Emerald City show... about 20 minutes before it opened.

south1.jpg

And the view north...

north1.jpg

And another view north...

north2.jpg

And another view south...

south2.jpg

So what show are all those people waiting on?

I've never seen a show with so much space between and around tables. If that was a Big Apple show,you'd have a half dozen tables in that space.

Yeah...someone had to find Chroms his LG POS Avengers comics. You ever send them out to him? cool.gif

Damn it, when I tell you to ask questions for me, make it less obvious....House will be on to us.... 893whatthe.gif

Coming soon...

Yep it's almost that time again... After being rescued by the fire dept from being buried alive under a mound of Ultimate Spider-Man, I have a few thousand trades to sell...

'House

Oh man.....you CAN'T post stuff like this and not expect me to post the pic AGAIN....sorry man, just can't resist...

house.jpg

Yeah...someone had to find Chroms his LG POS Avengers comics. You ever send them out to him? cool.gif

Damn it, when I tell you to ask questions for me, make it less obvious....House will be on to us.... 893whatthe.gif

House is a fool! 893blahblah.gif

I've never seen a show with so much space between and around tables.

Don't mean to contradict you, but there wasn't any space between the tables. Maybe when the crowds died down, but for the first couple of hours, it was impossible to dig for books without someone constantly bumping into you from behind. Plus, snake-like setup tiresome to get around.

Here is the view facing South from the entrance to the Emerald City show... about 20 minutes before it opened.

south1.jpg

Hey lighthouse, was this where you were in line as I was maybe a few people behind you? I guess there was no way to know you were you.

So what show are all those people waiting on?

I've never seen a show with so much space between and around tables. If that was a Big Apple show,you'd have a half dozen tables in that space.

Note that the photo of greggy was taken 45 minutes BEFORE the doors opened...

Here is a shot three hours after the show opened, which was the first time I could leave my booth for even a moment...

crowd3.jpg

(snip)

Hey lighthouse, was this where you were in line as I was maybe a few people behind you? I guess there was no way to know you were you.

I wasn't in line... I was set up at the show...

And here is a shot of my booth, taken about 3 hours after the show opened. This was the first time the crowd was light enough for me to step out from behind the table...

boothcrowd.jpg

Look at all the chicks in those pics posted by Lighthouse. There's gotta be at least what, 20?, 30? of em...

Let me count. 0....0....err, 0.....wait over there, nope, just some long-haired dude. Still at 0...0....

CRC

The chick count was actually quite high for that show. But they don't tend to be the ones waiting in line for two hours to get in right when it opens. And Seattle's weather in February isn't the best for dressing up in duct tape (although there were still several who did)....

Alittle OT, but can you tell me if they put out TPBs that have high quality pages with color?

I picked up some Essential X-men awhile back and it just wasn't the same reading them in B&W. I'm just looking for some reading material that won't set me back too much like the hardcovered stuff. tongue.gif

Alittle OT, but can you tell me if they put out TPBs that have high quality pages with color?

I picked up some Essential X-men awhile back and it just wasn't the same reading them in B&W. I'm just looking for some reading material that won't set me back too much like the hardcovered stuff. tongue.gif

Most TPB are glossy paper with color. That's the standard format. The Essentials were published to make them cheaper by offering a large number of reprints.