• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Zeck Captain America 269 Nick Fury page for sale

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have this rather nice piece that I think I have to sell to pay off some credit card bills. Mike Zeck and John Beatty, Captain America 269, from May 1982.

captain%20US.JPG

or the link:

CAF

Looking for $600 or best offer, will include free worldwide shipping. That's slightly more than I paid for it, but not much! Think I'll break even after shipping costs etc... If that's overpriced do let me know, this isn't really my area of expertise...

Please do contact me through CAF if you have any questions.

Happy New Year!

Marcus

Great page, but you are burying the lead:

TEAM AMERICA FIRST APPEARANCE!!!!

as a child of the 80s I remember this motorcycle team/toyline crossover very well...

great 80s retro, nostalgia page... Someone in their late 30s/early 40s should snatch this up just to relive their childhood!

Really? They were more than a one-off thing? Are people that interested in them?

You live and learn...

Personally, I think you did the right thing leading with Zeck and Cap and Fury. (thumbs u

Really? They were more than a one-off thing? Are people that interested in them?

You live and learn...

I'm being a little tounge in cheek about it (yes Zeck, Fury & Cap are the main draws about the page).. but I do think some Art buyers buy based on nostalgia-sake. I think that 80s pages are good sellers for the nostalgia factor, and Team America has some nostalgia factor for someone... so I'd mention it in your notes.

And yes Team America had their own 12 issue series back in the 80s...

it's outside my price range, and art focus, but for a Zeck fan who has a nostalgic interest it'd be a great page.

You live and learn...

I'm being a little tounge in cheek about it (yes Zeck, Fury & Cap are the main draws about the page).. but I do think some Art buyers buy based on nostalgia-sake. I think that 80s pages are good sellers for the nostalgia factor, and Team America has some nostalgia factor for someone... so I'd mention it in your notes.

And yes Team America had their own 12 issue series back in the 80s...

it's outside my price range, and art focus, but for a Zeck fan who has a nostalgic interest it'd be a great page.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as sarky, was grateful for the input! Just hadn't heard of them before!

M