• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard #1 SS candidate - slabbing input needed

12 posts in this topic

I have been on the look out for quite awhile now for a high grade raw Wizard #1. Finally found one with nice crisp corners. Wondering if anyone here has gotten a magazine like this SS/slabbed? The overall thickness of the book is obviously different from a comic as well as the actual front and back cover pages.

On the front cover, there is a slight crease between the letters "W" and "I". On the back cover, there are at least four subtle thumb like indentations in the middle. I started a thread in the PGM section. But anyone with opinions or experience, feel free to drop me a line. Thanks for checking out my thread.

119835.jpg.045faf776b8aa06b5c4b4ce00b7d66ce.jpg

119836.jpg.73b7d8c18ccc10f65449ab6efa72c1be.jpg

Wizard #1 has been SS'd before, if that is what you want to know.

Yes thank you. I am thinking of going the SS route because I doubt this will have a chance at a blue label 9.8 or even 9.6. I would say solid 9.4 contender.

Do you pretty much "grade" this just like a comic then? In other words, because of the structural differences in the magazine, meaning certain flaws may be more pronounced in the Wizard because of the texture/thickness, is there any slack factor at all?

Thanks for your post.

Yes thank you. I am thinking of going the SS route because I doubt this will have a chance at a blue label 9.8 or even 9.6. I would say solid 9.4 contender.

Do you pretty much "grade" this just like a comic then? In other words, because of the structural differences in the magazine, meaning certain flaws may be more pronounced in the Wizard because of the texture/thickness, is there any slack factor at all?

Thanks for your post.

waiting on mine to come back from the last Mcfarlane signing...... :wishluck: 9.8

Thanks for your post.

waiting on mine to come back from the last Mcfarlane signing...... :wishluck: 9.8

Very nice. Congrats. Is this for your own collection or are you a seller/dealer? Thanks for your post.