• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Wanted

120 posts in this topic

I was about to start a thread looking for some help getting a sketch done when it hit me. Why start a thread every time someone wants something done or picked up at a show? If we consolidate it, it might be a lot easier and get a lot more eyes on it. If there are more eyes maybe there is a better chance of getting it done.

So here we go, I'm looking for someone to get a Ghost Rider sketch done for me on a GR blank by Mark Texiera. I would prefer CGC SS but it isn't necessary.

Would help but I doubt there would be any spot on the commission list by Saturday morning. Definitely not listening to my brother in law this year and I will definitely be the one driving.

Parked on the wrong side then walked around the entire building because we thought it was just around the corner instead of taking the tram.

I was about to start a thread looking for some help getting a sketch done when it hit me. Why start a thread every time someone wants something done or picked up at a show? If we consolidate it, it might be a lot easier and get a lot more eyes on it. If there are more eyes maybe there is a better chance of getting it done.

So here we go, I'm looking for someone to get a Ghost Rider sketch done for me on a GR blank by Mark Texiera. I would prefer CGC SS but it isn't necessary.

Doug, touch base with me next month on this.

I can do it---I can tell you from experience with Mark and Renee and these sketch covers----I'm assuming you're talking about the black Midnight Sons crossovers from the 1990s? he hates working on those but he'll do it.

If it's just a GR white blank then never mind!

But from what I remember, last time I inquired about one it was something like $125 for the bust shot.

Renee jacked his prices up from $75 in 2010

I can do it---I can tell you from experience with Mark and Renee and these sketch covers----I'm assuming you're talking about the black Midnight Sons crossovers from the 1990s? he hates working on those but he'll do it.

But from what I remember, last time I inquired about one it was something like $125 for the bust shot.

There is a GR white blank, Richie. You are hurting your street cred.

There is a GR white blank, Richie. You are hurting your street cred.

As much as there was to begin with. :whistle:

Renee's tough lol

I got this at Heroes last year. Wish I knew a GR blank was gonna come out would have waited. I can't remember if it was 125 or not. For some reason I was thinking 175.

Jas2023.jpg

I just got finish e-mailing Renee to set up a sketch with Micheal Golden for New Orleans at the end of the month. Last year she had Golden and Mark prices the same. So here is what the price list is for Golden and you can play it by ear.

Golden

Head shot: $125/ $175

Torso: $175/ $225

Full FIgure: $250/ $350

lower price for pencils only higher price for inks. It seems like she trying to get as many commissions before the con as possible. Hopes this helps! Mark can make Magic!!

MarkTexeira.jpg

Here's my Renee story---

(everyone's got one)

At ECCC 2010, my CAW and I went to Mark T. to get some sketches on those Midnight Sons covers.

He was $75 each.

He grumbled a bit about it, if I remember right, because he doesn't like those covers.

At Heroes in June that same year, I wanted to get another.

He told me then that he wasn't crazy about the stock, but sure, he'd do it.

He quoted me the $75.

Renee jumps in.

"Wait, what? I'm sorry, you want a sketch? Mark is $125."

"Mark just quoted me $75."

Renee-- "Well, that's wrong. He's $125."

"never mind."

And I walked away. And the look Mark gave her was (probably) WTF you just cost me a commission.

About an hour later I was passing her table again---she came out and apologized and said that she'd honor Mark's price of $75.

I told her never mind, I wasn't interested anymore.

Here's my Renee story---

(everyone's got one)

At ECCC 2010, my CAW and I went to Mark T. to get some sketches on those Midnight Sons covers.

He was $75 each.

He grumbled a bit about it, if I remember right, because he doesn't like those covers.

At Heroes in June that same year, I wanted to get another.

He told me then that he wasn't crazy about the stock, but sure, he'd do it.

He quoted me the $75.

Renee jumps in.

"Wait, what? I'm sorry, you want a sketch? Mark is $125."

"Mark just quoted me $75."

Renee-- "Well, that's wrong. He's $125."

"never mind."

And I walked away. And the look Mark gave her was (probably) WTF you just cost me a commission.

About an hour later I was passing her table again---she came out and apologized and said that she'd honor Mark's price of $75.

I told her never mind, I wasn't interested anymore.

I have yet to figure her out. I guess she's their "rep" and she sends emails when any member of her little group makes an appearance, but she seems to lack good business sense and basic etiquette. I have disagreements with some people's ability to interact, but usually you stand back and see that one of us had an off day or brainfart or whatever. She's consistently bad every time. How does she keep artists, much less have any business?

I'll throw this out there...

I have several Joe comics that need some Hama SS. I haven't heard anything on his next con appearance but if one of you fine facilitators know that you will be at a con that he will be at this I'd love to have you help me with a few books!