• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My FIRST Cover Recreation by Mike Decarlo

12 posts in this topic

So I usually just commission artists to just do full figures on sketch covers, or paper, mainly because I can't really afford a full cover-quality commission.

Anyways, I got to speaking with Mike Decarlo after being very happy with the quality of my sketch cover from Mike's CGC opp (I sort of regretted not getting a 'Simpsonized' sketch from Mike's opp, after seeing everybody else's cool ideas. although I still love what I got), here is my first Decarlo sketch below:

113286.jpg

(It's currently still at Dan's - it got a 9.2 grade I believe - but I don't mind).

Anyways -- after regretting not getting a 'Simpsonized' commission on Mike opp, I decided I'd get the full thing and go with a cover recreation, Iron Man 96 has always been one of my fave Iron Man covers, and Mr Burns has always been my fave Simpsons character and as most people know, Iron Man is my fave super hero, so I decided to have Mr Burns as Iron Man and include some of my fave Simpsons characters in place of the characters in the foreground of the Iron Man cover.

SimpsonsIronMan.jpg

I hope you all enjoy seeing it :) I love it.

Just to show off, this will look awesome next to it:

115537.jpg