• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOOOO!!!!! My First PLOD!!!!

77 posts in this topic

I wouldn't have given him a positive feedback so fast, though, Steve. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks bro, I appreciate the support. I left decent feedback because I should have known better...that big fat purple label was staring at me when I bought it.

UGH...but you guys are right, they don't list that stuff to snag n00bs like me.

BUT

that is why I joined these forums...to learn. Plus, these forums allow you guys to get a laugh too and it make the best of a screwed up situation! After I have been here for awhile...it will be ME laughing at some other n00b in the same situation I am in now. wink.gif

You have completed the final step in becomming a CGC Forums Master

Also, even if the seller had mentioned CGC Restored in his auction, I don't think it would've made a difference. Steve would've purchased the comic anyway. Take a look at the 2nd picture for crying out loud! foreheadslap.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

To be fair to the mentally challenged...I didn't know what a restored book was...and you can't really read that blurred picture. Like I said...I'm a leright.gif

So, is it the name written on it that makes it a PLOD???

And how much you gonna flip it to me for grin.gif

You know Kev, I was going to mention your name.......since you had put out a call recently. You interested in a gorgeous ASM #62 that got a PLOD CGC 9.0 because of a touch of glue on the spine? PM me.

You could leave a neg for non-disclosure, but the seller would say that it was obviously a PLOD. Plus he'll neg you back, no doubt.

Live and learn.....

Ooops. You already left him a Pos FB. foreheadslap.gif

Live and learn......

C'mon,

Don't you think a NEG would have been a bit extreme?

The book was

CLEARLY

a PLOD from the scans the seller provided. 893naughty-thumb.gif

YOU ARE OF COURSE CORRECT OH MIGHTY BEYONDER, I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO JUDGEMENTAL!!!!

Live and learn....... tonofbricks.gif

Sarcasm detected....552.gif

You could leave a neg for non-disclosure, but the seller would say that it was obviously a PLOD. Plus he'll neg you back, no doubt.

Live and learn.....

Ooops. You already left him a Pos FB. foreheadslap.gif

Live and learn......

C'mon,

Don't you think a NEG would have been a bit extreme?

The book was

CLEARLY

a PLOD from the scans the seller provided. 893naughty-thumb.gif

YOU ARE OF COURSE CORRECT OH MIGHTY BEYONDER, I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO JUDGEMENTAL!!!!

Live and learn....... tonofbricks.gif

Sarcasm detected....552.gif

Nah, you were on the money in your previous post. I myself have bought books against my better judgment, out of sheer delusion. And this has happened fairly recently.....

Live and learn.....

This is not a neg-worthy auction. The book was clearly a PLOD.

Here's the auction link.....

Ya hadda' know, right Steve?

YUP....I'm gay.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what restored was ( 27_laughing.gif ) and it didnt say restored in the auction. I barely figured out what PLOD meant like 5 days ago...and now I have one!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm a . insane.gif

geez - this had me confused as hell............coming from one who probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone on restored books (me), with 430 posts in about 5 weeks, i would have expected that you'd have recognized the Purple label. but, as redhook said, a valuable lesson (which will never be forgotten) for under $30, isn't a bad thing.

and i like the idea of giving it to Asia devil.gif

Guys, guys, guys . . . think outside the box now. Don't you mean TRADE it to Asia, for (ahem) something of value? devil.gif

What are those pills by the second monitor? Little blue diamond shaped pills 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

It's not the bottles of pills I'm concerned about, it's the tabs littering the whole studio.

acid.jpg

Come on, Steve. JUST SAY NO!

Next thing, you'll be seeing paisley-colored labels! 893whatthe.gif

Live and learn.....

Which wise guy said deja vu?

FFB, go back a couple of pages....Beyonder already pilloried moi for this post. flamed.gif

What are those pills by the second monitor? Little blue diamond shaped pills 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

It's not the bottles of pills I'm concerned about, it's the tabs littering the whole studio.

acid.jpg

:

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Live and learn.....

Which wise guy said deja vu?

FFB, go back a couple of pages....Beyonder already pilloried moi for this post. flamed.gif

flowerred.gif

acid.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif ROFL!!