• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest Comic in Your Collection That You Bought Brand New!

106 posts in this topic

Come on...there has to be more out there! Any GA?

mm

the majority of people here weren't born in the 50's or earlier so I think you are not going to see many people that bought their first comic books in the 50's or earlier.

I was eleven years old it was 1989, there was a drug store named Laverdeiers (spelling) that had a arcade in the back I went with about $5 and played video games for a hour or so then got pissed at some game and decided to leave with the little bit of money I had left. As I was walking out the comic spinner rack caught my eye and Amazing Spider-Man #316 jumped right out at me. The purple cover and Venom over powering a severely beaten Spider-Man. I counted my change and had just enough. I bought it took it home and read it. The next day I found the local comic shop and requested a "mail box." I was hooked ever since. To have a hold "mail box" I needed to collect at least 4 titles. I don't remeber what I choose besides Spider-Man, Web of Spidr-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man....I think it was G.I. Joe but I didn't collect them for long. (G.I.Joe that is)

Come on...there has to be more out there! Any GA?

mm

You're probably among a select group of members who was actually born in or around the GA era.

As for me, I'm not sure what the first comic that I actually bought with my own money. When I started buying comics, I bought several titles at one time during the late 80's, my guess is TNMT.

My first comic book off the rack that I still have is ASM 147...

The first book that I have ever bought from a comic shop that

was bagged and boarded and I tried to take care of it was ASM 104.

I bought that book in 1978 from Tales Resold as NM and I remember it looking

just about perfect then, now it is about a FN- Not too bad considering it was my first

collectable book and I was 9 years old.

:cloud9:

I bought my first comic in '42, ALL-WINNERS #4, and I still have it. The next one I bought that

I still have is CAPTAIN MARVEL #34 from '44. I know I bought others but I don't still have

them. I continued collecting until '54...still have most of them.

mm

I bought my first comic in '42, ALL-WINNERS #4, and I still have it. The next one I bought that

I still have is CAPTAIN MARVEL #34 from '44. I know I bought others but I don't still have

mm

Bravo. :applause:

I doubt that anyone'll top that.

mm

If you ever get tired of them, I will pay you twice your initial investment. :whistle:

mm

(worship)