• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Big Hand for Blazingbob...You Da Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 posts in this topic

I just thought I would give Blazingbob his proper dues and say that I just received a shipment of books from him (about the 15th such shipment since we started doing business together) and they are some of the best graded CGC books I have seen from a major dealer in some time. I got a House of Mystery 160 CGC 9.2 (1st Silver Age Plastic Man) that is nicer than many 9.4's I have seen. I also got some great Neil Adams Detective's from 411 to 442 that were all above average for their CGC grades. I may be shooting myself in the foot for advertising such a good source, but Bob's got some very nice books that were graded VERY STRICTLY in my opinion.

Sorrry if I have offended anybody with my a$$-kissing but it is well deserved in this case.

Thank you, Thank you to all my supporters and detractors! Having my own thread makes me wonder if this is my 15 minutes of fame? I hope not. Regardless of my abrupt emails or pricing or rants & raves about the market crashing I have enjoyed dealing with many of you. If you want to learn how deals and money are made in this business than many of you should deal with Mr. Sullivan who knows what Win-Win means.

"I'd like to thank all the little people..."

This thread reminded to look at your website where I noticed your rants & raves page has not been updated lately...you must've gotten some good "material" (cerebral, not material) from around here lately?

Rants & Raves tend to write themselves based on being on the convention circuit. With no shows my material is somewhat limited however I could easily write one about the CGC forum board. I'm surprised that no one has written a screen play and submitted it to Hollywood.

Comic Graded Crack - Forum or Forearm?

Starring:

The Rock as Meth/Hammer

Stone Cold as CGCFan who wants to put some whoop on you

Jim Brown as SupaPimp singing Shaft songs

Bruce Lee as Delekkerate slinging witty condescending banter as he kicks your with moves us poor collectors cannot fathom

Alan Greenspan as ComicInvestor laying down the supply side benefits of a trickle down CGC market comes crashing down

Lou Ferrigno as DrBanner

The Dunkin Donut Guy playing FlyingDonut

Patrick Stewart playing Odin88, the all knowing CGC Forearm Mutant leader

Jackie Chan playing DarthDiesel who does all of his own stunts keeping the new book CGC market alive.

Hey, you forgot a few!

Mr. Miagi from the Karate Kid as lighthouse, because that's what his user icon vaguely reminds me of

Rosanne Barr as Bugaboo, for no reason other to tick him off tongue.gif

Britney Spears as rickdogg, again just to tick him off tongue.gif

Dennis Franz as Bob Storms, the crusty-yet-lovable New Yorker

Al Pacino as Steve Borock, the heir apparent to the Don Bob Overstreet grading crime family (I think I may have partially ripped that off from one of your old rants and raves now that I think about it shocked.gif )

And to complete the cast, Reed Richards as FF.

And the film can only end in one way - Reed's discovery (in the Negative Zone, of course!) of the solution to the secret grading formula. And with it, the answer to the ultimate question - what % of the overall grade should come from the condition of the interior!?!? grin.gif

Hmmmm.....I realize that I'm only a minor player in the CGC Forum Drama, but could it be possible for me to have a cameo appearance in the film? It could be cut, like Stan's was in Spider-Man. I'd like to be played by Dennis Rodman. As those who have met me can attest, the similarities are quite remarkable. smile.gif

Chris