• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best Star Wars Lego Corporate Response Ever

63 posts in this topic

Now don't quote me, but I heard that Godwin's Law is now a College course in Yale University within the Master's of Philosophy in Linear Thinking, it was expanded last semester by introducing The Jack L'Mierre principle of Innate Rationality and has become a foundation for the new Ecliptic theory of condusive psychology in Birmingham and Wichita. Yehap, that's what I heard...crazy I know...to think that L'Mierre was a TV repairman just 10 years ago...

Sure, but you fail to realize that he obtained his PhD long before he was rejected by his colleagues...

...and dont forget all those folks on Alderan!

It does bother me that Anakin is portrayed as a "good guy" in the Clone War stories. It sends a mixed message to kids about good and evil.

I never understood why Lucas chose to develop vehicles for the prequel characters instead of developing the further adventures of 100% good guys: Luke, Leia, & Han.

Playing with an Anakin (pre-dark side) toy would be like playing with a pre-1939 Hitler doll and saying: "well, its ok because this doll portrays the character before he started WW2 and committed all that genocide".

Wasn't destroying Alderan Grand Moff Tarkin's call? Vader was there, but Tarkin gave the order. hm

True, but all Vader had to do was raise his hand and tighten his fingers -- that would have stoped that death order!

Playing with an Anakin (pre-dark side) toy would be like playing with a pre-1939 Hitler doll and saying: "well, its ok because this doll portrays the character before he started WW2 and committed all that genocide".

You cant be serious.....

I believe it to be a fair comparison. Just looking at the movie history alone and not the books or extended universe, Anakin would have been responsible for, or at least in a position to prevent, the deaths of millions of lifeforms.

Whether it's Alderaan, Ewoks, or whatever. The Empire is very closely modeled after the SS anyway. The uniforms, the "stormtroopers", the large assemblies of same perfectly lined up. Comparing the Emperor and Darth Vader to the Third Reich is not a stretch at all specifically because it was intended to resemble such.

But we are talking about the extended universe and the context of the toys themselves are we not? Sorry but Clone Wars Anakin in Poncho does not equal High School Hitler with Painting Gear :shrug:

Well, even so, eventually the Clone Wars saga blends into the original movies. One begat the other remember? You just have to remember in which order. The "bad guy" story begat the "good guy" story before he was "bad".

People aren't born bad, life events and upbringing make them that way. Adolph Hitler was probably just as cute a baby as anyone else.

This is probably true...but despite the similarities (and yes I agree, Lucas went SS/Roman Empire for sourcing) we are talking toys and honestly I see I big difference in Nonfiction/History versus Fiction that attempts to incorporate themes learned/experienced through history. For example, GI Joe and Cobra toys I have no problem with a child playing with. Equivalent toys/molds for real life terrorist action figures being sold at the local Toys R Us, and I see a problem.

Sorry, just can't get on board with the equivalency argument :shrug:

Well I agree, to a certain extent. I also agree that the Hitler reference isn't really that far of a stretch simply because of the source material and what was created. Most children aren't old enough to have learned of these types of references and really only care that one *human shaped piece of plastic* can win over the other *human shaped piece of plastic*. Then again, with today's way of thinking we can't have any "winners" can we? We wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :/

Also remember, the old GI Joe cartoons, no one ever died, it was all parachutes and stunning "lasers" (thumbs u

How about "The A-Team"?? A squad of spec. ops. bad asses with heavy weapons and they never actually hit anyone they were shooting at.

You cant be serious.....

I believe it to be a fair comparison. Just looking at the movie history alone and not the books or extended universe, Anakin would have been responsible for, or at least in a position to prevent, the deaths of millions of lifeforms.

Whether it's Alderaan, Ewoks, or whatever. The Empire is very closely modeled after the SS anyway. The uniforms, the "stormtroopers", the large assemblies of same perfectly lined up. Comparing the Emperor and Darth Vader to the Third Reich is not a stretch at all specifically because it was intended to resemble such.

But we are talking about the extended universe and the context of the toys themselves are we not? Sorry but Clone Wars Anakin in Poncho does not equal High School Hitler with Painting Gear :shrug:

Well, even so, eventually the Clone Wars saga blends into the original movies. One begat the other remember? You just have to remember in which order. The "bad guy" story begat the "good guy" story before he was "bad".

People aren't born bad, life events and upbringing make them that way. Adolph Hitler was probably just as cute a baby as anyone else.

This is probably true...but despite the similarities (and yes I agree, Lucas went SS/Roman Empire for sourcing) we are talking toys and honestly I see I big difference in Nonfiction/History versus Fiction that attempts to incorporate themes learned/experienced through history. For example, GI Joe and Cobra toys I have no problem with a child playing with. Equivalent toys/molds for real life terrorist action figures being sold at the local Toys R Us, and I see a problem.

Sorry, just can't get on board with the equivalency argument :shrug:

Well I agree, to a certain extent. I also agree that the Hitler reference isn't really that far of a stretch simply because of the source material and what was created. Most children aren't old enough to have learned of these types of references and really only care that one *human shaped piece of plastic* can win over the other *human shaped piece of plastic*. Then again, with today's way of thinking we can't have any "winners" can we? We wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :/

Also remember, the old GI Joe cartoons, no one ever died, it was all parachutes and stunning "lasers" (thumbs u

How about "The A-Team"?? A squad of spec. ops. bad asses with heavy weapons and they never actually hit anyone they were shooting at.

I actually never watched the show, not even once. I have no idea.

I didn't watch Airwolf either for that matter. I only watched the shows that had a hot chick in them, or the potential for one...

Dukes of Hazzard, The Fall Guy, TJ Hooker, The Love Boat...

I really enjoyed The Fall Guy and still have this original poster to this day.

Heather+Thomas+e6.jpg

The theme song to the Fall Guy was awesome!!!

Sung by its star.

I didn't know Heather Thomas could sing. :o

I'm sure the Wizard of Oz was a pretty cute baby, but he ended up being a as well. Guy kinda reminds me of Hitler....

Joseph McCarthy was a "good guy" at one time. Although he turned into an individual_without_enough_empathy pretty fast.....He reminds me of a certain German d-bag.

I think I read somewhere that Pol Pot helped an old lady across the street once. Yet he turned into a real person_too_unaware_of_social_graces. Sieg Heil anyone?

You cant be serious.....

Explain to me what the difference is...

The difference is that this is fiction. The main story line of all 6 star wars movies is Anakin's Fall & Redemption. (You can argue about how successful that is of course...) It's a tale of Good redeemed from the grip of Evil. It's not about the deaths of billions on Alderaan. If you don't accept that Anakin is a good guy, an innocent, in the beginning of the story, then the end loses all meaning.

This is all 100% divorced from true life. Hitler's tale is not at all about redemption, or the fall of one man, or anything like that. It's about a bunch of horribly nasty mess one man did, and a bit larger, about the horrible things that can happen to a population given a set of not too extraordinary circumstances.

If Lucas borrows some of the outward trappings of the Third Reich as short cuts to explaining who people are, this doesn't mean that there's a one-to-one correlation.