• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultrastupidity

29 posts in this topic

You can never have too many threads about this. It is the best anti-crack smoking promotion I have ever seen. Folks, JUST SAY NO TO CRACK!! You may end up doing something incredibly self-destructive like paying $1,225.55 for a...Secret Wars #8. foreheadslap.gif

It is the best anti-crack smoking promotion I have ever seen.

True enough. This is about the worst example I have seen so far of the speculator driven ultra HG market.

Well, we can forget about the 10.0 Ultimate Fantastic Four #1 thread as that only went for a measley $800. This is even more whacked!! foreheadslap.gif

It is the best anti-crack smoking promotion I have ever seen.

True enough. This is about the worst example I have seen so far of the speculator driven ultra HG market.

What about that Wolverine # 1 CGC 10.0 that went for several thousands of dollars on eBay last year?? Anyone see that one in action live ?? I actually had the link for that at one point on my "about me" page.

I remember buying the copy when it first came out...wish i wouldve taken better care of it...but who know about grading and eBay back then!! foreheadslap.gif

What about that Wolverine # 1 CGC 10.0 that went for several thousands of dollars on eBay last year??

But that at least was a 10.0 (speculator bait best of the best) and the book 'may' be relied upon to flip for a similar large $$ amount in the short term. This book is a 9.9 with a miswrap... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, Gene, are you and Bonds nevertheless both saying this book is worth between $100 and $300? 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Or was that "punishment bidding" you 2 were engaged in???

You can never have too many threads about this. It is the best anti-crack smoking promotion I have ever seen. Folks, JUST SAY NO TO CRACK!! You may end up doing something incredibly self-destructive like paying $1,225.55 for a...Secret Wars #8. foreheadslap.gif

So, Gene, are you and Bonds nevertheless both saying this book is worth between $100 and $300? 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

That was a "watch bid" for me, i.e., placing a bid that I know is not going to win so I can watch the insanity unfold without taking up a slot on my "Items I'm Watching" list.

As for Bonds25...he bids on everything! acclaim.gif

Looks like the guy is being greedy while others are being fearful to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's one of the most important modern age books out there, and I do think a 9.9 is extremely rare, so I felt $200-300 would be a fair price to pay. But $1200?? makepoint.gif

what if the buyer felt an even greater connection to this particular issue and thought $1200 was a fair price to pay for it? confused-smiley-013.gif I think the winner REALLY wanted the book and because of primarily 2 people engaged in a bidding war, winner had to throw a huge proxy bid to secure it and scare off the other two playing games (bordessa and the suspicious private feedback insufficiently_thoughtful_person). Even bordessa threw in a last shot "punishment" bid.

Interpreting bid histories can be a crep shoot at times; you can be right on target or totally miss an "out of the box" explanation for why the ending price was what it was...

just the odd pattern of bidding can be (not saying IT IS, but POSSIBLE) construed as shilling. At no point does kohlbek EVER overtake bordessa, but just over two days late in the auction, proceeds to nudge it up, like he was testing the high bid.

Oh... and I just plain discriminate against ANYONE with private feedback...it's got to be private for a reason right? and more than likely that reason has more to do with something illicit going on than any other plausible legit reason for having private feedback. smile.gif