• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attention UK boardies...what's the deal with "import tax" on US packages?

25 posts in this topic

HI Everyone

Ive been a customs agent in the UK for far too many years......the best thing to do when shipping comic books to the UK is to put the UK customs code on your customs form and prefereable on the package

Customs code 490290000 allows comic books into UK without customs duty or VAT (sales tax) as long as they are comic books that have regular numbered editions.

There is no difference if its 50 years old second hand or brand new.

Regards

the Cornish warlock

HI Everyone

Ive been a customs agent in the UK for far too many years......the best thing to do when shipping comic books to the UK is to put the UK customs code on your customs form and prefereable on the package

Customs code 490290000 allows comic books into UK without customs duty or VAT (sales tax) as long as they are comic books that have regular numbered editions.

Regards

the Cornish warlock

Welcome to the boards...and I suspect you're going to prove to be somewhat useful to the UK posse. (thumbs u

HI Everyone

Regards

the Cornish warlock

WTTB's, dont seize anything with that code and keep for yourself lol

Wow...this is good information that I didn't know. I usually print my labels through ebay/paypal and it takes the item discription from the auction and places it in the custom contents section of the label. I'll need to make sure I change that for any comics going to the UK. Does this apply to other countries in Europe, Canada, or Australia, or just the UK?