• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yankees vs Angels 0-0 in the 11th

50 posts in this topic

For clarification, I said LATELY, fc.

Ummm, you guys STILL haven't answered my question. I feel like I'm on a political talkshow and the guests ramble on about everything but the question they are asked.

And I notice that no body had anything to say about the rest of my post, so you guys agree with the rest of it, no?

Err..the fact that I keep SAYING the Angels won it all in 2002 isn't enough?

Now that I acknowledge AGAIN that the Angels won the world title in 2002, will you acknowledge that your franchise winning ONE title in 35 years isn't all that much to brag about? That it's hardly a dynasty, especially when you consider they didn't even make the playoffs the years before and after the 2002 run.

And when you answer, please..this is the..

the-no-spin-zone-by-bill-o-reilly-book-cover.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Bill O'Reilly doing the "No Spin Zone"? 27_laughing.gif

that's all he does is spin.

Fox News - "Fair and Balanced" it cracks me up whenever they say that.

wellwhattayaknow,seems we can agree on at least one thing.

Why not post some good things about the teams you follow,instead of trying to put down other teams?

At the least,The Yankees have the longest and proudest tradition in MLB,if not all organized sports.Claiming the Yankees can't play in October is plain foolish,esp.coming from some who supports a team that has qualified to even play in October exactly once in 40plus years.If you need to boost your team by constantly putting down the opposition,quit following BB and join Rush and Savage on the radio.

Not a single comment on what was a very nice three game series,just constantly harping on some percieved failure by a team that went three series deeper into the playoffs than the team you purport to follow.Whats up with that? thumbsup2.gif

I would say fine if people can take off their New York rose colored glasses for a second and just face some facts:

FACT #1: Yankess DO spend way more money than everybody else. Just admit it, it's NOT an even playing field. The fact that they don't win the World Series every year is laughable -- it shows why we do play games on the field and the fact that they can throw money at the "problem" hides the mismanagement of the team.

Fact #2: The Angels are not currently starting 4 or 5 of their everyday players (Erstad, Anderson, Salmon, Bengie Molina, Troy Glaus; Vlade and Guillen are both pretty banged up). I really have no opinion of their series because the Angels are not at full strength. I commend that the Angels could actually win 2 games against the "vaulted" Yankees. Will they ever be? Is it the curse all over again? Time will certainly tell. I am certainly not surprised that they are having trouble scoring runs right now.

How do you get off me not talking about the positives of the series when 5-6 people blast me for the team that I believe in?? You would probably do the same thing to a Cubs fan.

Believe me, when I start listening to Rush, Hell WILL have frozen over.

27_laughing.gif

Bill O'Reilly doing the "No Spin Zone"? 27_laughing.gif

that's all he does is spin.

Fox News - "Fair and Balanced" it cracks me up whenever they say that.

wellwhattayaknow,seems we can agree on at least one thing.

Why not post some good things about the teams you follow,instead of trying to put down other teams?

At the least,The Yankees have the longest and proudest tradition in MLB,if not all organized sports.Claiming the Yankees can't play in October is plain foolish,esp.coming from some who supports a team that has qualified to even play in October exactly once in 40plus years.If you need to boost your team by constantly putting down the opposition,quit following BB and join Rush and Savage on the radio.

Not a single comment on what was a very nice three game series,just constantly harping on some percieved failure by a team that went three series deeper into the playoffs than the team you purport to follow.Whats up with that? thumbsup2.gif

Yes,The Yankees spend more money than any other team.so what? Where is it not an even playing field? What stops any other owner from spending as much or more? Which team spent the most money on free agents this off-season? People who live in glass houses and all that. For many years Gene Autry threw tons of money on ill-advised free agent signings. The new owner is continuing inthe same vein. Signing Guerrero to a 75 million plus contract when no other team was offering 60 makes sense to you?

Just what mismanagement are you harping about? Bringing up thru the minors Jeter,Williams,Posada,Rivera,Soriano,Nick Johnson? Trading for Clemens? Trading Soriano for ARod,Signing Matsui? Trading Jeff Weaver for Kevin Brown? Signing Giambi?Trading Johson for Vasquez?Finding Rueban Sierra in a garbage heap?Signing Lieber when no other team would touch him?Outbidding the Braves for Sheffield?

Compare the Yankee moves to your angels moves for the last decade and then tell me which team has been mismanaged?

So,when your team is missing a few starters,you have no interest in what they do? Thats a real dedicated fan.Last year the Yankees were 20-3 to start the season without Jeter,Rivera,or Giambi When they returned healthy,The Yankees played barely over 500 the rest of the year.Injuries are part of the game,deal with it and stop making excuses. How many starters are the Twins missing right now. Jeter,Giambi and Williams are hurting for the Yankees, Boone is gone for the year,Posada is playing with a broken nose,big deal.

Do I think the Yankees will win the series,Yes. Is the season a failure if they don't? Not by a long shot.

Already this season they've played over a dozen great games that I have enjoyed imensely.. Even tonites loss was an entertaining game,which is all I want from a baseball game. One of the best was the 1-0 loss that you couldn't get into because your team was missing a few starters.

Yes,The Yankees spend more money than any other team.so what? Where is it not an even playing field? What stops any other owner from spending as much or more?

Loss of profit. If every other team could afford to spend a 170+ mil a year don't you think maybe they'd do it? Hello...

Which team spent the most money on free agents this off-season? People who live in glass houses and all that.

Angels 2004 team payroll - 100,534,667

Yankees 2004 team payroll - 184,193,950

Hmm, who here had to watch what they spent to upgrade their team and who here could afford to throw money out the window like paper at a ticker tape parade? If your thinking of saying "the Angels could have spent that much if they wanted" please refer to the above response to qoute #1. That's an 84 million dollar difference...84 MILLION DOLLARS.

The facts speak for themselves...

The Yankees can and do spend staggeringly more than any other team.

The Yankees have brought up some seriously great talent through their system.

The Yankees would still have been a playoff team the last decade without the high payroll.

The Yankees would not have accomplished near as much the last decade without the payroll.

Money doesn't guarantee championships but it does make it a helluva lot easier.

CRC

oh, go Red Sox!

The Yankees would still have been a playoff team the last decade without the high payroll.

The Yankees would not have accomplished near as much the last decade without the payroll.

oh, go Red Sox!

this is about the fairest assessment of the situation by a redsox fan that i've ever heard or seen thumbsup2.gif

now for the whole story; sat in the Jacuzzi yesterday afternoon and was treated to an ESPN 2 production of the 2003 ALCS. before you redsox fans start to freak out let me say that ESPN did a helluva job in presenting the series and made it both interesting and damn exciting even though you knew the eventual outcome. man, there were some great games, major comebacks by both teams, unbelievable OT events, and some major startegy backfires. it was like reliving it all over. i'd almost forgotten the specifics of the sox being up 5-2, pedro on the mound, boston manager taking the big chance when pedro wanted to stay in the game (will be second guessed forever, but if they'd gotten out of that inning - he'd be a genius), mussina coming in for his first relief appearance ever, and Boone hitting the big one in the bottom of the 11th on the first pitch he faced as a PH.

unbelievably great series and one that even i as a yankee fan have to say that the sox didn't deserve to lose............. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Money doesn't guarantee championships but it does make it a helluva lot easier.

CRC

captainobvious.jpg

captainobvious.jpg

Thank god, for a second I thought all the Yankee fans were delusional.

Burntboy - I swear we could taste the victory, I may have gone so far as planning on what to wear for the first World Series game and then 893frustrated.gif. More than leaving Pedro in, who I can't imagine taking out in that situation, was putting Wakefield in. Why anyone in their (bleep) (bleep) (bleepity) (bleep) mind would bring a knuckleballer into a one-run extra inning playoff game 7 is just ...

Here's a some snippets from some online responses to game 7...

"...Together, we were glued to the TV last night only to have our hearts broken. For me, it was a familiar experience. I was a freshman at Northeastern University in 1996 (I believe he meant 1986). I can remember the many nights locked out of our dorm rooms because students from New Jersey would pull the fire alarms in celebration (and taunting) of the Met's victory. Talk about pain...

~Dino D'Emilia - Los Angeles, CA"

----

"On a personal note: I was asked how I felt by many Met fans after the 1986 meltdown. I responded to them by saying, "If God gave me a choice between seeing the Redsox win a World Series and burning in hell; or, never seeing the Redsox win a World Series and living peacefully in heaven, I would gladly serve out eternity in hell.

~Tony Mays "

----

"Nice work. It really sums up my feelings as the father of two young sons. Granted my 3 year old could care less, but my 7 year old stormed upstairs and tried not to cry while brushing his teeth. I opened my arms, he feel in and started to just sob. I put him to be and laid with him for a while until I could hear the steadiness of his sleep. I got up, ate at McDonalds and went to bed and slept a fitful sleep. Today I'm tired and have a splitting headache and the those bastards are in the World Series again. I'll leave work early and start thinking about next year. Maybe with a couple of more starters (and a new manager) we'll have another shot.

~Ted Grevelis "

----

"Grady Little has to go. He obviously forgot about his lights out bullpen that got his team to Game 7 in the first place. This team will never win a championship under his leadership. He lacks the critical thinking / decision making skills. Never before (well, since 1978) were these 2 teams so evenly matched. God knows when it will be this way gain. One thing is for sure, the Yankees will never lie down.

~Fred Nunes - New Bedford, MA"

----

CRC