• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the comic ! ! ! ! !

8 posts in this topic

Ok.....I've got one to challenge the Brainiacs in here. I just found a comic that I had as a kid and I have no idea what the title or issue number is. crazy.gif

Why?, you may ask......well.......it's sorta missing the cover and apparently the first wrap that would give this information. It's in really sad shape and looks like a P.O.S. but I would really like to figure out what it is.

So.....here are the clues that hopefully someone can use to figure this puzzle out.

The books is probably from the early to mid 1970's (but I'm not sure).

The copy I have starts on page 3 frown.gif and has a 5 panel mini-origin of the Fantastic Four.

On page 5, the villan of the story is introduced. It is Kurrgo -- The Master of Planet X (There is a notation in the panel that he was first, last, and only seen in FF# 7).

Kurrgo has teemed up with "The Leader" to send the Thing and the Hulk to a deserted ghost town to duke it out. The Thing has to fight the Hulk and defuse a hidden bomb before it destroys the planet.

On page 15, the Thing mentions that he feels stronger than the last time he battled the Hulk in Fantastic Four #112. (so we know it comes after that issue).

At the end of the story....it says....Next Issue: The Thing and The Invincible Iron Man (so...could this be an early Marvel Two-In-One issue?).

At the very end....in the Marvel Bullpen Bulletins section.....there is a note that says Bill Everett, creator of the Sub-Mariner, passed away on February 27th last and mentions that Sub-Mariner #65 is now on sale.

Does anyone have any clues as to the title and issue number of this book?

Sorry......I don't have any prize to hand out for the answer......but you will have my eternal respect (5th correct answer gets it). tongue.gif

Thanks.

Hey, where were the other Bronze experts? Lucky you mentioned the Thing and Iron Man! smile.gif Featured in #12 just before the Thing got his title in Marvel Two in One #1! smirk.gif

Man......I've had that book since I was a kid and never knew what it was. HEY! ! !.....it's even a semi-key issue. smile.gif

I tried to mention as much detail as I could about it because I thought it might be tough to figure out what it is. Now I feel a little stupid though. smirk.gif