• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swapto's DC Promotional Giveaway Comic Collection

342 posts in this topic

Hello fellow collectors.

I wanted to start a thread where i could feature my collection of DC promotional giveaway comics. As the era of books range from Golden age to Current i thought it best to post the thread here in Comics General.

I started collecting DC giveaways a few years back but i've been on a roll recently (buying lots) and the majority of the collection has come together in the last few months.

I am interested in these particular giveaway books as most of them do not have a cover price and were usually produced on a small scale for very specific promotional purposes. Some are very hard to come by and that makes it more interesting to collect too :grin:

I do have a few filters though. I only collect books of a certain dimension/size, that is golden age mylar to current age mylar size. I generally avoid 'variants', including sketch variants, Platinums and RRPs but there have been a few of those i have secured for various reasons.

I would like to thank Jerome Wenker (jerome34) for all his invaluable help. Without which I would not have half the collection featured here below and it would of taken me twice as long to post about it.

Over the coming weeks I will continue to add images of my collection until I get all of them posted in this thread.

Sit back, relax and let some DC magic unfold….

Ben.