• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City ComicCon 2012 May 18, 19, and 20

127 posts in this topic

has to at a minimum have the Michigan people, David Petersen, Jeremy Bastain, Katie Cook, Vince Locke, Guy Davis etc. Then some big headliners.

None of those people are on the guest list this year :(

Jeremy said he is going to Motor City. Should be announced soon. This really made my day. Get to see Jeremy and finally meet Charles Wilson in person!

Huzzah!

Still my favorite show of the year, although Gem City is growing on me. I'll be there all weekend, drag along all your oldies junk and I'll buy them all....if the price is right, lol

Look for the guy in the funny hat with a MMMS pin on the front, and a garish Hawaiian shirt, it's likely to be me! I'll be right across from the Motor City booth.

Another dinner possibility is the Benihana a couple miles from the show. Always a good show when they cook right at your table. Cat and I always try to dine there ate least once over the weekend.

Huzzah!

Still my favorite show of the year, although Gem City is growing on me. I'll be there all weekend, drag along all your oldies junk and I'll buy them all....if the price is right, lol

Look for the guy in the funny hat with a MMMS pin on the front, and a garish Hawaiian shirt, it's likely to be me! I'll be right across from the Motor City booth.

Another dinner possibility is the Benihana a couple miles from the show. Always a good show when they cook right at your table. Cat and I always try to dine there ate least once over the weekend.

The one at 8 and Haggerty?

I'm only about a 4 hour drive from this, is it worth it? I was at C2E2 the other weekend for my first major con, but was only able to be there for 5 hours on Saturday, how does Motor City compare?

I'm only about a 4 hour drive from this, is it worth it? I was at C2E2 the other weekend for my first major con, but was only able to be there for 5 hours on Saturday, how does Motor City compare?

Depends on what you're looking for. In the 90's, it had more comic dealers and I thought it was a bigger show. I was at Wizard World Chicago last summer and didn't find it a lot larger than Motor City in terms of dealers. Maybe my expectations were greater?

Motor City still has plenty of dealers and some great ones at that. Dale Roberts, Highgrade Comics, Harley Yee, etc. are there so you should be able to find plenty.

Who's in for a dinner? Which night is preferred, Friday or Saturday?

In a perfect world, I'd like to eat dinner both nights :sorry:

Jim

I'm sorry. As a Canadian, you are required to spend one evening imbibing booze only.

Okay :devil: