• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher 6 & 7 with no issue number?

6 posts in this topic

I hate to start a new thread but I didn't find anything I could hijack to ask a simple question. Maybe we should have thread just dedicated for such a thing.

Anyway, I don't collect Marvel so I have no idea where to even look on the net. I have two Punisher issues from the 6th series (2001) with any issue numbers. I looked at MCS and comics.org but no even have these covers listed. They are the same cover as the direct issues the difference is the UPC box and the issue number is missing.

Thanks for any help.

punisher7.jpg

punisher6.jpg

I know that Daredevil also has the same 'no number' issues, the Daredevil covers are even different with a Marvel Unlimited logo.

I think at one point Marvel experimented with this 'no number' thing for the Marvel Knights line Newsstand versions - I remember reading that the thinking was that more people might pick them up if they didn't think they were jumping into the middle of a story.

If you go to www.comicspriceguide.com & sign in you can view the cover versions - they list them as being worth a bit more than the direct versions.

Yep. Newsstand versions. I remember buying DD issues with this nn indicia.

In addition, the earlier DD examples in this period had different logos that said 'Marvel Universe featuring' above the DD logo. These books ran from approx issue 13 to 28 of the MK DD run that Kevin Smith made hot.

Xtreme Xmen also had a newsstand version that had 'Mutants: Tales of the XMen' above the XTreme XMen logo, from issues 1-7.

I know that Daredevil also has the same 'no number' issues, the Daredevil covers are even different with a Marvel Unlimited logo.

I think at one point Marvel experimented with this 'no number' thing for the Marvel Knights line Newsstand versions - I remember reading that the thinking was that more people might pick them up if they didn't think they were jumping into the middle of a story.

If you go to www.comicspriceguide.com & sign in you can view the cover versions - they list them as being worth a bit more than the direct versions.

Oh, I haven't signed into CPG in so long I forgot about it. Thank you they do have it stated as a no number variant. I just thought the cover looked odd without any number.

There are several of the Marvel knights titles that have this. Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, and a few others. They were selling for a nice premium last year I havent checked lately.

Thanks, one is isn't in great condition and has lots of spine ticks. I wasn't going to sell them on ebay. I was going to throw them up on my sales thread but wasn't sure what to charge for them.