• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade: FF 105

31 posts in this topic

Is there a small chip off the B.C. top outside corner?

If X is correct, a chip that is considered non-bindery, will hammer the book.

Another possibility I have encountered with books that look 9.6 from the scan(and your book does look 9.6 to me) is a problem on the side of the spine that is not visible on the scan. Perhaps a tear or impact ding. It is unfortunate that CGC is not providing much in regards to grader's notes and we have to guess at the book's problems.

They should make a new label if grading standards are going to change!

I mean no notes should be high grade... I always thought right? ???

Another possibility I have encountered with books that look 9.6 from the scan(and your book does look 9.6 to me) is a problem on the side of the spine that is not visible on the scan. Perhaps a tear or impact ding. It is unfortunate that CGC is not providing much in regards to grader's notes and we have to guess at the book's problems.

Looking at it in hand I do see a impact bottom spine corner on the bc. But it shouldn't be enough to go 9.4/9.6 all the way down to 8.5... oh well sometimes you get do worse than expected, sometimes better.

Looking at it in hand I do see a impact bottom spine corner on the bc. But it shouldn't be enough to go 9.4/9.6 all the way down to 8.5... oh well sometimes you get do worse than expected, sometimes better.

Who knows? I have a Batman 232 that looks every bit a 9.4,except for a little tiny barely noticeable stain the size of a pin head.It got an 8.5 :pullhair:

FF105Label.jpg

Got it back last night and called for the grader's notes.

Josh said there was no notes. :ohnoez:

I hope he said, "there were no notes" :baiting: Sounds lazy to me - how can a book get an 8.5 and not have a single note??? hm

Who knows? I have a Batman 232 that looks every bit a 9.4,except for a little tiny barely noticeable stain the size of a pin head.It got an 8.5 :pullhair:

Hey, it's a crapshoot - I'm still pissed they gave my Queen-Size Millie the Model #11 an 8.5 (on principle alone). Notes said it had a "slight horizontal NCB bend along the base of the back cover" . . . no way Jo-they :sumo::grin:

Man now I'm scared to get anything graded these days.

No, over all on 29 books that's the only one I felt I got screwed on... and 1 other was PLOD trimmed.

I just posted the 105 for opinions to see if I was crazy or something. lol