• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential buyer asked me to put a lower value on customs form...would you do it?

Would you falsify the value on a claims form if asked by a buyer?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Would you falsify the value on a claims form if asked by a buyer?

76 posts in this topic

nothing against canadians, but the only times i've had really bad ebay problems were with canadian buyers....maybe just bad luck. I had a string once of 5 straight auctions won by canadians and all 5 were NPB (not the same guy).

One guy sent me a canadian money order after i insisted that i had no way to cash it, no bank near me would honor it. He poo poo'd my concerns and sent it anyway. Needless to say 10 years later it's still in my top dresser drawer uncashed.

For all it's worth ALL of my bad Ebay and board problems have been with US residents... (shrug)

I sold some books to Greggy once. He rolls so large that when I asked about customs he told me to triple the value on the form.

:sumo:

He has buddies in the tax dept and he probably got a rebate. :facepalm:
:whee:

nothing against canadians, but the only times i've had really bad ebay problems were with canadian buyers....maybe just bad luck. I had a string once of 5 straight auctions won by canadians and all 5 were NPB (not the same guy).

One guy sent me a canadian money order after i insisted that i had no way to cash it, no bank near me would honor it. He poo poo'd my concerns and sent it anyway. Needless to say 10 years later it's still in my top dresser drawer uncashed.

I've had plenty of bad luck with Canadian and American buyers. It happens.

I find it amazing that US banks won't honour Canadian money orders. I don't think there is a bank in Canada that would refuse to honour a US money order. They may put a hold on it (my bank does over a certain amount) until it clears but they would cash it nonetheless.

I find it amazing that US banks won't honour Canadian money orders. I don't think there is a bank in Canada that would refuse to honour a US money order. They may put a hold on it (my bank does over a certain amount) until it clears but they would cash it nonetheless.

I could not get a Us Postal Money order cashed by CIBC, god knows why.

The only ones that can't be cashed in my experience are the ones that clearly say on them that they are only to be cashed within the US. Other than that, I'm betting someone just didn't know what they were doing.

Now mind you, I didn't use CIBC but I have used RBC and TDCanadatrust and have not had a single problem in 10 years.

The only ones that can't be cashed in my experience are the ones that clearly say on them that they are only to be cashed within the US. Other than that, I'm betting someone just didn't know what they were doing.

Now mind you, I didn't use CIBC but I have used RBC and TDCanadatrust and have not had a single problem in 10 years.

Gotta love RBC US based bank account and avoid that horrible paypal conversion. (thumbs u