• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most slabbed book?

47 posts in this topic

I wouldn't own one now even if someone gave me a copy. I think McFarlane is a McDouche.

I don't know much about the guy but his art work doesn't do anything for me. Just curious by why is he a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed?

My Dads business partner did some work with him when he was still in Alberta. My dad met McFarlene and asked if he would be willing to sign a comic for his son (me), who was just starting to read comics, years and years ago. This was before image.

He said he would not, and didn't give a reason. That makes him mcdouche in my bag.

It`s amazing how few slabbed early Golden Age Action Superman,Batman,Detective and Captain America titles there are compared to CGC 9.8 Walking Dead 1s. I guess mothers really did throw out their children`s comics in the 1940s. ;)
That, in combination with being burned. :(

For instance, there's a total of 13 graded copies of the book in my sig.