• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Records Reprints

4 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32739&item=2244542188&rd=1

I just saw this auction on ebay for the Golden Record Reprint of ASM 1. It has already reached well over 3x guide, and the seller claims the book's "current value is $550.00 to $750.00". Is this true? Does it commonly go for this much? What about raw/ not slabbed? And how about the GRR of FF #1? I have both books in very high grade, and was wondering what their true value is...

They are reprints so I would say that guide is about right. The current speculator bubble is probably whats created these higher prices. If you are thinking of selling, then now is probably a great time to do so. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you are willing to hype it and not put GRR in the title you may get some extra attention.

It's been my experience that raw ebay NM/NM- copies go for $75-$125 a pop depending on whiteness and which issue it is.

I got my VF-NM FF 1 GRR for ~$50.

The moderate sunshadow probably kept the bidding down.