• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turner Gijoe silver foils - inventory count

35 posts in this topic

That's so not cool...

Ha. Just playing. That was the first thing that jumped to mind when I read that. I wonder how many Art of Chew sketchbooks there are actually are...

Well, if you think about it, even if it's (not saying it is or isn't), even if it was 1000...the the greatest GI Joe cover of all times in foil version, is still rock n' roll

(thumbs u

Well. if variants are the game...then sketches is the name

Black ink on white background

gijoe21black.jpg

White on Black

gijoe21white-1.jpg

Yes, the sketch was done around Michael Turner's signature... (thumbs u

hang on!?! you mean these aren't photochopped into sketches but are real sketches published somewhere? this is not a hook line and sinker?

NO photoshop...one was a witchblade 54 that had a completely black cover, it happened to have Turner's signature, I had an artist sketch the GI Joe cover around the signature, as I thought the sketch would look really cool with white ink around Turner's signature.

The other one is a Powers 11 with a completely white cover, and I had the same artist sketch in black ink. I got them SSed. The Witchblade took a big hit in grading because of the unwitnessed signature and the other one wasn't high grade, but I just wanted the Rebegar recreated in black and white...like a negative effect

5 minutes ago, Jcatindig said:

I got a Renegar Foil recently graded at 9.8 and trying to figure out what one would cost. Any thoughts since there isn’t a movie around the corner and would be a good time to evaluate?

The foil is still commanding a decent chunk of change.  Congrats on the 9.8!

There is a lot hinging on this movie coming out with comic speculation being on the lowest end of the spectrum...

Personally I believe the entire health of the property itself relies on the success of Snake Eyes.  It does not have to be a critical success, but it must be a money maker and give reason for people to purchase toys.   If that happens all associated things will feel that trickle effect and maybe GI Joe will get the retail support of at least Transformers and whatever the state of Star Wars is currently in. 

Thanks for the feedback @Buzzetta. The movie will be interesting to say the least, interested to see the approach they take to Snake Eyes knowing that he is a fan favorite. I think the comic will hold value but definitely would increase with the bump or at least the following of Snake-eyes. A lot of people are say to stay with it because there may be special buyers out there. I myself enjoy the cover :)

So how did the Snake Eyes movie affect the values in the end? I didn't see the movie but I heard the story was poop...

On 5/2/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jcatindig said:

I myself enjoy the cover :)

One of my favourite covers of all time. Whenever I see it online or in person I just have to stop and look (drool).