• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does it matter who you sell your books to?

44 posts in this topic

First, Bronty did the right thing by selling that book ! - He's an intelligent and shrewd buisnessman...;)

Second, I have a textbook example of buying and flipping (AND IT DOESN"T HAVE TO DO WITH GMAN !) - I bought a FF 54 that was super nice.....bought it for 135.00 unslabbed from a dealer. Had it graded right away and came back 9.6 - Turned it over to PGC Mint for $450.00- He flipped it less than a week later for $1375.00 ??!!!! - Now at first I got pissed. Then I realized, Mark Wilson travels in different circles , he has a buisness, etc....And shouldn't the first dealer be pissed more than me ?? - I put it into perspective, sometimes you sell a book that turns out to be a gold mine to someone else a short time later, but we don't have a crystal ball to see what might pick up steam. Sure it's nice to sell to collectors only, but sometimes things don't go that way.

Another learning example that I had to never have a BIN on an auction unless it is very high is when my World's Finest 173 CGC 9.6 sold within a few hours with the BIN at $250. The person I sold it to either traded or sold it to another dealer who sold it on eBay to Mark Wilson for approximatley $660! mad.gif My only solace is that I feel that the book is overvalued at that price. That is why it is sitting as a musuem piece on his website for $1,000! smirk.gif

Errr, like I did for gman?

I bought the books from u so as to complete my Iron Man/Subby tifecta from 68. A few months later I tossed it on ebay and sold it. What is the big deal? You got the price u asked for and I paid u quickly. Why does that bother u?

I'm HERE damn-it!!! I'm doing a set of behind the neck presses with three plates and a quarter, and I'm supposed to.... OH fer' Chris'sakes... Here, let me put this down (THUD, CLANG, JINGLE). OK, here I am!! What! What! What already! It CAN'T be time for my punkin' out already, you just punked me out a few days ago!

cool.gif