• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, I'll buy that for a dollar.

11 posts in this topic

Just picked up 87 issues of Heavy Metal for a buck each. grin.gif

For pure reading pleasure.

Can't help thinking a mag like this off the shelf has got to sell for around $8 or $9. So, for a dollar? Seemed like a good deal to me.

Noticed their not listed in the guide.

Anyone collect these?

Can't help thinking a mag like this off the shelf has got to sell for around $8 or $9. So, for a dollar? Seemed like a good deal to me.

Anyone collect these?

I used to buy a bunch of these off the rack, but never really "colelcted" them. Still got a bunch though. What numbers did you get? Some of the stories are pretty good, but it helps to have all the issues for stories. Great price too.

They were printed on a pretty thick stock of paper. The issues I own have been thrown around in boxes for years, and they still have a great look to them.

there are some great issues with Wrightson & charles burns in the early 80's

Wish I had 'em. Finally got around to sorting these out and it's '88 - 2000 stuff for the most part. But, still happy. Lotsa' great reading.

Amazingly, they tend to go for a buck or two or three a pop, depending on the issue. They're mostly fantastic reads, but from a collecting standpoint, I guess nobody cares and there's a ton of them out there in warehouses, etc. Plus, you used to be able to order back issues directly from hm for roughly cover price, give or take.

Anyone collect these?

Your a true comic fan ! Nothin wrong with that.