• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales to Astonish #27 - CGC 5.0 - SOLD

25 posts in this topic

Tales to Astonish #27 - CGC 5.0

Im asking $1200 shipped to US or Canada

Paypal, check or MO all acceptable

:takeit: trumps any and all PM's

Photobucket

Photobucket

Im not sure if this book had been pressed or not, but it was an Old Label book that I re-subbed. When I cracked it out, the spine seemed awful flat. (shrug)

Im not sure if this book had been pressed or not, but it was an Old Label book that I re-subbed. When I cracked it out, the spine seemed awful flat. (shrug)

I'm terribly sorry. I can't possibly think of buying this book unless you tell me what it smelled like when you cracked it out of the holder.

:insane:

I'm terribly sorry. I can't possibly think of buying this book unless you tell me what it smelled like when you cracked it out of the holder.

:insane:

I dont know the entire smell history on this book. I can only tell you what it smells like now - Plastic!

:whistle:

What a great looking copy for a 5.0, super clean, well-centered, no stains, writing, chipping, etc.,.! :cloud9:

If you don't mind the question, what was the old label grade? If I bought that as a 5.0, I'd be tempted to resub it as well. hm

What a great looking copy for a 5.0, super clean, well-centered, no stains, writing, chipping, etc.,.! :cloud9:

If you don't mind the question, what was the old label grade? If I bought that as a 5.0, I'd be tempted to resub it as well. hm

It was actually a 6.0 :frustrated:

Win some, lose some

I managed to resist this for a few hours, so I must be getting better, but... :takeit:

I agree, it would have been a tough one to pass up....I love this book, but I have to wonder about it's long term market value. It seems it was a book that was once highly desirable, but over the past few years has declined in popularity.

Looking at some of the older Overstreet's, it was a HUGE book for a period of time.

Adventure 247 is one of those books that I lump in with TTA 27....Hard to find in high grade, a key issue for sure....but value is based more on tradition than popularity of the character...Unlike JIM 83 or Hulk 181...

Without trying to talk out both sides of my mouth :blahblah: , it's still a book I really, really want...Like the Adventure 247

And there are a ton of us 1980s collectors who still see a book like that and automatically want it. Same with sharp Barks or Walt Kelly books. But the census on this one makes it really tough. Just not the same demand as some of the second tier books like xmen 1, JIM 83 and Avengers 1. Along with Adv 247 I put Sgt Fury 1 in this boat too.