• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a pressing service that....

57 posts in this topic

That is the grade, no question about that. But there are a couple of people who have contracts with CGC to press yellow label books, maintain the applicable chain of custody, and get them back to CGC to be regraded and reslabbed.

Huh, that's news to me. Sounds like complete bullshit that a Presser is allowed to do that, but then again, the depth of CGC's greed shouldn't surprise me anymore.

I just love the smell of agenda in the morning. It smells almost exactly like wildly_fanciful_statement. :whee:

I swear that I had no idea of the answer when I first asked on Page 1. I know that you know that I am a wealth of Board information and a whiz with the Search Engine, but I honestly had no idea what the answer was when I asked the question. You learn something disheartening everyday!

That is the grade, no question about that. But there are a couple of people who have contracts with CGC to press yellow label books, maintain the applicable chain of custody, and get them back to CGC to be regraded and reslabbed.

Huh, that's news to me. Sounds like complete bullshit that a Presser is allowed to do that, but then again, the depth of CGC's greed shouldn't surprise me anymore.

I just love the smell of agenda in the morning. It smells almost exactly like wildly_fanciful_statement. :whee:

I swear that I had no idea of the answer when I first asked on Page 1. I know that you know that I am a wealth of Board information and a whiz with the Search Engine, but I honestly had no idea what the answer was when I asked the question. You learn something disheartening everyday!

Ah, so it's you. My advice to you in this instance would be not to borrow trouble.

Ah, so it's you. My advice to you in this instance would be not to borrow trouble.

Is rent to own better? ;)

Only if your arse can cash the check your mouth writes. :baiting:

Whoa!

Cool, then I'm all set. My left hand is Lucic and my right hand is Thornton :) (I know you hate sports references, heh heh).

Smells like hamburger.jpg

Whoa!

Get with the times Andy, that one was quite a while ago lol

Cool, then I'm all set. My left hand is Lucic and my right hand is Thornton :) (I know you hate sports references, heh heh).

Not as much as I used to. I'm just waiting for you to get sacked at the goal line. :popcorn:

Not as much as I used to. I'm just waiting for you to get sacked at the goal line. :popcorn:

Only if I get an assist on the field goal that I belted over the Green Monstah!! Latah.

Only if I get an assist on the field goal that I belted over the Green Monster!!

I've toured Fenway Park. I know what that is and it doesn't have field goal capabilities.

Whoa!

Get with the times Andy, that one was quite a while ago lol

Whoa!

I have no idea what is going on with this thread and I am happy to remain in my ignorance.

Couple of guys are talking about throwing a touchpass and kicking a homerun at Fenway Park or some such thing. I dunno. It's sports stuff in a pressing thread.

Why would this be any different than a pedigree book that I had work done on and it too maintained the pedigree when sent back to CGC (with the original label).

I think the label sent with the book, from a reputable provider, would ensure the SS designation remained intact.

Just to be clear, though, it is different. There are plenty of very reputable people who cannot crack a yellow label and have it retain its certification. Only those that have contract authorized witness status that includes cracking yellow label books can do it.

So Sean you ready to crack some of my SS books and press them for me and resub them? lol

I trust you can make my Walking Dead #1 9.6 into a 9.8. Well that or a 1.8, so how good are your pressing skills? :wishluck:

Why would this be any different than a pedigree book that I had work done on and it too maintained the pedigree when sent back to CGC (with the original label).

I think the label sent with the book, from a reputable provider, would ensure the SS designation remained intact.

Just to be clear, though, it is different. There are plenty of very reputable people who cannot crack a yellow label and have it retain its certification. Only those that have contract authorized witness status that includes cracking yellow label books can do it.

So Sean you ready to crack some of my SS books and press them for me and resub them? lol

I trust you can make my Walking Dead #1 9.6 into a 9.8. Well that or a 1.8, so how good are your pressing skills? :wishluck:

If I recall, the new "hot" grade to get is a 5.8.