• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have U ever gotten back a 9.9 or 10.0?

44 posts in this topic

i was just wondering about this, cause yes im still upset over my deathlok 1(1990) which i believe is the most perfect copy in existence(yeah its not a major book, but i like it, so get over it, cause this is my post) i went over that book with a fine tooth comb(maybe thats what damaged it) and now there is a copy of the book graded 10.0 out there, so i wanted to know if any boardies(especially the ones who dont send much in to be graded) have ever gotten back a premier grade on a book?

Amazing Spider-man 277 10

Killing Joke 9.9

Uncanny X-Men 179 9.9

All these were bought new by me at my lcs and sent in to be graded within the last 2-4 years.

I could not tell you the difference between 9.8, 9.9 and 10. I just figure if it looks perfect it is a 9.8. The vast majority of moderns (1980 -1993) I have sent have been 9.8 with just a few higher. And yes, you could say I very picky when choosing which copy to buy even in the 80s, way before CGC.

nothing more depressing than sorting through 30 brand new comics at a lcs and all 30 have bends somewhere on the spine. So you end up choosing the one with less bend knowing it won't get any higher than a 9.8

Tell me about it. Those 9.8s suck! :mad:

I got a pile of 90's cr@p back from CGC about a week ago, and I had a few 9.9s and a 10.0. The 9.9s were Cable 1, Night Thrasher 1, Deathlok 1, X-Men 25 and the 10 was another X-Men 25. I think I'm putting them on Ebay.

I got a pile of 90's cr@p back from CGC about a week ago, and I had a few 9.9s and a 10.0. The 9.9s were Cable 1, Night Thrasher 1, Deathlok 1, X-Men 25 and the 10 was another X-Men 25. I think I'm putting them on Ebay.

That's not too shabby (thumbs u

I have had one 9.9. I once had another one that was a 10 that changed to a 9.8 upon being shipped/verified :facepalm: