• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Timely Cap 15

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I got some great responses to my other post and thought I wold ask for input on another book.

This is my Captain America #15. I always wanted a World War II comic book and this was my first. How can you not like this cover? An Asian looking guy who is trying to burn the Nazi symbol into a woman (Printed in 1942 right after Pearl Harbor - I guess they assumed the Japanese were Nazi's as well - or I guess it could just be a wierd looking German guy). It also has bondage and Nazi Robots! It's awesome!

Despite my enjoyment of this book I am aware of its problem (the big chunck missing out of the top corner - however, it is much worse on the back cover than the front (as the pictures show). I used a ruler to give an accurate representation of the missing section. Also, it looks like a date is written on the 'A" in America.

I looked at the staples and there is no rust.

Any comments, advice or general feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6361.jpg

I added this pic just because it looks cool and I love how it has the date of "Sping 1942" on it. Right in the middle of World War II.

IMG_6365.jpg

A little blue smudge in the Captain America section - does not go through to the back cover.

IMG_6367.jpg

A Red Ryder Gun - Reminds me of one of my favorite Christmas movies!

IMG_6368.jpg

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_6373.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Super war time book to own! Without chewed up corner I would be thinking around 7.0. If it were mine, being how I positively despise vermin, I would probably trim the corner clean, any potential negative to value be damned. I would be then be happy with it as a 3.5/4.0 that presents very very well. (thumbs u