• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Guess the grade Hulk 181

40 posts in this topic

is there a crease that ding the entire lower right corner of the book? i might be seeing things but I thought I saw a 1/2 to 3/4" crease on the back cover at that corner and a hint of it on the front cover. If that is so, I can see this book as a 7.5

Yes Etanick, there is a ding/crease on the LRC of book, fortunately it doesn't break color.

Just before I spill the beans CGC has three notes, one of which just took note of, the other is a dent on BC which would be hard for anyone to see since it also doesn't break color.

The last defect no one has mentioned. Hint it's on the BC take a close look because even with issue in hand I find it very questionable.

Yes Etanick, there is a ding/crease on the LRC of book, fortunately it doesn't break color.

Just before I spill the beans CGC has three notes, one of which just took note of, the other is a dent on BC which would be hard for anyone to see since it also doesn't break color.

The last defect no one has mentioned. Hint it's on the BC take a close look because even with issue in hand I find it very questionable.

well the only thing I see is a potential small stain on the top edge of the bc.

Chances are they bumped it down to a 9.2 because of the stain. This will still be a problem after a press. Not sure I would spend the money on a press and resub on a book with a stain. CGC would have to be in a generous mood and it may take multiple resubs to get the desired results. Sorry.

Looks like a dog ear crease on the bottom of the back cover. I'd say an 8.5

lol anywhere's from 7.5 to 9.4 :roflmao:

I'll throw out a 8.5 too

Etanick...Bingo!!!! Man you're good!

I'm hoping for a press to 9.4? Imperius Rex and Shellhead are right on the money!

hulk4m.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wow was figuring 9.0/9.2 but guessed 8.5 cause I thought you was trying to throw us a cruve ball.

doh!

Chances are they bumped it down to a 9.2 because of the stain. This will still be a problem after a press. Not sure I would spend the money on a press and resub on a book with a stain. CGC would have to be in a generous mood and it may take multiple resubs to get the desired results. Sorry.

Thanks for your advice and really appreciate everyone making this a fun thread! :headbang: