• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 Pagers revisited

108 posts in this topic

I just received the Superman #252 CGC 9.4 WP that I paid $360 for today.

Spine uneven, bottom staple has poked through the cover. Bottom and top of spine showing wear.....definitely not a CGC 9.4 in my opinion.

Oh, but I'm sure CGC is always fair and it is absolutely impossible for them to give better grades to certain people.

The staple popped through the cover after grading due to rough handling or shipping. Yeah, that's it.

893censored-thumb.gif:

I think CGC take it easy on the spine of squarebounds like this. Common problem, and because they know that they will not mark them down for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

The staple popped through the cover after grading due to rough handling or shipping. Yeah, that's it.

There are numerous cases of 9.4 squarebounds with a staple pentrating the front cover. Obviously it's allowed.....

Jim

Spine uneven, bottom staple has poked through the cover. Bottom and top of spine showing wear.....definitely not a CGC 9.4 in my opinion.

Oh, but I'm sure CGC is always fair and it is absolutely impossible for them to give better grades to certain people.

893censored-thumb.gif:

Sucka! That's one of greggy's castaways! foreheadslap.gif

893censored-thumb.gif:

confused.gif I've never own that book. 893frustrated.gif

893censored-thumb.gif:

Almost every bronze DC is one of greggy's castaways confused-smiley-013.gif

893censored-thumb.gif:

But you wanted too. 27_laughing.gif

893censored-thumb.gif:

Play along foolio! Icefires is your arch nemesis. Remember? confused.gif

There are numerous cases of 9.4 squarebounds with a staple pentrating the front cover. Obviously it's allowed.....

Jim

Yes, common defects like that one and Icefires are typically tolerated by CGC and CGC aficionados.

893censored-thumb.gif:

I thought that you were my foe? foreheadslap.gif

Jim

Yes, common defects like that one and Icefires are typically tolerated by CGC and CGC aficionados.

You would think that being one of the big 100 page collectors, he would know that information foreheadslap.gif

893censored-thumb.gif:

I'm NOT your FOE! FOOL! F893censored-thumb.gif! ohgeez.gif

Jim

You would think that being one of the big 100 page collectors, he would know that information foreheadslap.gif

That's the thing about Licefryers... he's an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a dirty, sweaty ol' jockstrap.

893censored-thumb.gif:

sumo.gif

893censored-thumb.gif:

sumo.gif

Bring it on....enlisted boy! foreheadslap.gif

893censored-thumb.gif:

sumo.gif

Bring it on....enlisted boy! foreheadslap.gif

Jim

That's the thing about Licefryers... he's an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a dirty, sweaty ol' jockstrap.

I have been told to lay off him so you should too frown.gif

Jim

You've been told to lay off the crack pipe too but......... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

You've been told to lay off the crack pipe too but......... 893naughty-thumb.gif

The crack pipe is unused...as of today devil.gif