• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To resub or not to resub this Marvel KEY

44 posts in this topic

I took a book to the NYCC and showed one of the CGC staff on hand and they agreed to resub the book and if the grade didn't increase they would only charge me for the reslab. Granted, this was my second resub on the same book, and the plastic inner sleeve looked a little wrinkly, so there that may have factored in the decision to offer me this, but it sure made it more appealing not to have to pay $100+ resub if the grade didn't increase. BTW, it did go up .5 :grin:

Out of curiosity when resubmitting a book, do you remove it from the shell or send it down in the slab and have CGC remove the book?

I wouldn't necessarily want them to know it's a resub - they might want to remain perfectly consistent... :/

I also want to see what this large missing piece looks like and just how big it actually is.

You don't remember the tragedy that befell that page?!? Think it got any art with it?

Heck, you might as well crack it right now!! :idea:

According to the label, the large piece is missing from the Margin of last page

One would assume that no artwork was included. I don't even know if the last pages was typically a story page or an advertisement.

Perhaps I will crack it out this week just to see for myself... ;)

Out of curiosity when resubmitting a book, do you remove it from the shell or send it down in the slab and have CGC remove the book?

I wouldn't necessarily want them to know it's a resub - they might want to remain perfectly consistent... :/

I also want to see what this large missing piece looks like and just how big it actually is.

You don't remember the tragedy that befell that page?!? Think it got any art with it?

Heck, you might as well crack it right now!! :idea:

According to the label, the large piece is missing from the Margin of last page

One would assume that no artwork was included. I don't even know if the last pages was typically a story page or an advertisement.

Perhaps I will crack it out this week just to see for myself... ;)

Well, a margin is about an inch, so I figured if your missing piece was so large so as to knock the book down substantially, there is the possibility that it nicked the artwork as well. I'm surprised that you don't remember what happened to that page given the obvious care you've taken with respect to your childhood collection.

(worship)