• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A golden age alphabet for February 2012

1,510 posts in this topic

WOW!

but looks better Saddle-Stitched

BronchoBill.jpg

Wanna swap?

Jack

Your book definitely has character.

I'll pass on the trade though since the stitching makes me think less of Broncho Bill and more of Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs).

It's the old restoration bugaboo, isn't it? :cry:

JPS

WOW!

but looks better Saddle-Stitched

BronchoBill.jpg

Wanna swap?

Jack

Your book definitely has character.

I'll pass on the trade though since the stitching makes me think less of Broncho Bill and more of Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs).

I had a Four Color 178 that looked like that. The interior was also reversed. I hope yours is intact. :screwy:

Sorry guys, I've been at a convention the past couple of days and have some catch-up to do.

But I'll keep it short by just putting a couple of distinct golden agers on the R list and segue into S from there.

R is for Rockford...

img_USA1_039-2-1.jpg

R is for Rozanski...

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

S is for Shield-Wizard & Simon/Kirby... (Mile High)

img_Shield-Wizard7MH_182-1.jpg

[font:Arial Black]S is for The Shadow[/font]

Shot2-3.jpg

CDuse3yes.jpg

DSC_1703.jpg

DSC_1710.jpg

BlueCoal1b.jpgDSC_1435.jpg1932Trolleysign2nd-2.jpg

DSC_1455.jpg

DSC_1708.jpg

House9.jpg

BlueCoal1b.jpg

7ftBlueCoalcanvasBanner.jpg3shadowposters.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/detective35/1941BlueCoalcardboardsignfrontviewB11x17-2.jpg

BlueCoal25x6Trolley2sided.jpgSS6.jpg [/img]

Page47a.jpgPage48a.jpgPage45b2nd.jpg

Partners_Strasseradj-11groupzz-1.jpg

GoldenMasksStrasserusebb-1.jpgGrayGhost2bb-2-1.jpgLingo21-1.jpgBrokenNapoleansfromGraham1-2-1.jpg01-11-201010335AMbb-1.jpg01-11-2010125903AMbb.jpg24-12-201010638AM2.jpgCityofCrime3group-4.jpgThirdSkull2b-Copy-2-1.jpgcrimeuseyes1-2.jpgShadowUnmasksold1-1-1.jpg

AWESOME! (worship)

Love your Shadow collection, Dwight. :cloud9:

[font:Arial Black] Allow me this opportunity to add my S for Shadow addendum...[/font]

photo-1-1-1.jpg

Apologies for the fuzzy image. Better shots (with more contrast and shadow detail) will be provided at the earliest opportunity! (thumbs u

I always loved the Single Series with their heavy covers and all those pages. The two Li'l Abners take forever to read with all of those little panels. Great Collection!

:blush: Thanks, that means alot to me coming from you! Unfortunately both Li'l Abners have eluded me to this point. I've seen them (and the Tarzan) for sale/auction, but not for what I consider reasonable prices.