• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

According to the Plan

2 posts in this topic

Purchasing one book per a month

So far I only purchased one CGC graded book in January, exactly as planned. I did pay for other books that I ordered last year that I was dedicated to purchase. I paid for one out of three that I subscribed to a 9.8 service. this service allowed me to get books graded but only had to purchase I they were a 9.8. There are two more in the works. I was also able to save money buy putting off the actual pay date. Which of course does not help me now.

I am still trying to win a copy of Daredevil 168 but have lost in the bidding for three different copies last month. I know another one will be around so I am OK with that. I am more bothered by losing an OAK (a term coined by Bagofleas). There are no duplicates nor will there ever be a duplicate. I will only be able to get it if by some miracle the proud new owner takes pity and decides to sell. It was not that I did not try. I placed an offer and it was refused. Then I tried to safe up for a second offer but now it is too late.

There are things I currently want and I am curious to see what i am willing to sacrifice (remember I am trying to save for a new car). About six years ago when I moved into my current residence I decided to fill a water jug full of quarters. Then about four years ago I added dollar coins to the mix. It is almost full and as much as I would like to save it all I have been thinking about treating myself to something big not to mention my desire to go to SDCC this year.

Any guesses to how much it holds. If I am lucky and calculate properly the jug should be finished by the end of April possibly even sooner. The problem is there is something else I want and I am wondering it it is even worth it. It is not CGC but it is very relevant to comic books today. What do you think of what I lost?

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

10483.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Wow, great cover! I know it didn't go cheap, but that is the very best kind of "OAK" you can get. Covers of your favorite character or title don't come up for sale very often either. Sorry, I'm not helping am I? You'll get the next one! :)