• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Final 20 Pt. 3

3 posts in this topic

As I felt in the Force my books are graded.

After I placed my journal up for everyone to read I checked to see if my books were graded. They were. All twenty of them. Of course there will still be some time for them to be shipped back to me. The book that I sent in as a gem mint ten by PGX is coming back a 9.9. At first I sent that book in to make sure I collect them all but I think that I am just going to be happy with reading the series and I plan on selling the few that I have on eBay.

The ones I am really happy to get are my New Mutants, the ones that I had purchased from my local 7-11. Issue #16 was my lowest grade and I thought they would be a bit lower. My Sandman #2 was lower than I thought. I really have to learn what the difference is between a manufacturers defect and a defect. Following the journal on the chat boards will be a list of books and grades while still omitting those mysterious five.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

See more journals by Tnerb

Locke & Key 5 IDW Publishing 9.9 WHITE Joe Hill story Gabriel Rodriguez art

New Mutants 17 Marvel Comics 5.5 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Chris Claremont story

Sal Buscema & Tom Mandrake art

New Mutants 16 Marvel Comics 4.5 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Chris Claremont story Mandrake cover Sal Buscema Kim DeMulder & Tom Mandrake art

New Mutants 14 Marvel Comics 6.5 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Chris Claremont story

Sal Buscema & Tom Mandrake art Tom Mandrake cover

New Mutants 13 Marvel Comics 5.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Chris Claremont story

Sal Buscema & Tom Mandrake art Bret Blevins cover

New Mutants 12 Marvel Comics 8.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Chris Claremont story

Sal Buscema & Tom Mandrake art Tom Mandrake cover

New Mutants 11 Marvel Comics 7.5 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Chris Claremont story

Sal Buscema & Tom Mandrake art

New Mutants 95 Marvel Comics Second Printing 8.5 WHITE Louise Simonson story Rob Liefeld & Joe Rubinstein art Rob Liefeld cover

Sandman Special 1 D.C./Vertigo Comics Qualified 9.4 WHITE Neil Gaiman story Dave McKean cover Bryan Talbot & Mark Buckingham art

Sergio Aragonés & Barry Windsor-Smith. Glow-in-the-dark cover.

Sandman 2 D.C./Vertigo Comics Qualified 7.5 WHITE Neil Gaiman story

Sam Kieth & Mike Dringenberg art Dave McKean cover

Sandman 8 D.C./Vertigo Comics 9.2 WHITE Neil Gaiman story Mike Dringenberg & Malcolm Jones III art Dave McKean cover 1st appearance of Death.

New Mutants Summer Special 1 Marvel Comics 9.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Ann Nocenti story Bret Blevins cover & art

I love this next one. I always hoped I would have a 9.8 from my original collection.

New Mutants 99 Marvel Comics 9.8 WHITE Rob Liefeld & Fabian Nicieza story

Rob Liefeld cover & art

New Mutants 96 Marvel Comics 8.5 WHITE Louise Simonson story

Rob Liefeld & Joe Rubinstein art Rob Liefeld cover

Amazing Spider-Man 674 Marvel Comics Variant Edition 9.6 WHITE Dan Slott story Giuseppe Camuncoli & Klaus Janson art Pasqual Ferry cover variant cover

I still don't get why you slabbed your sentimental books. It's expensive, and you could just put them in a mylar sleeve to preseve them. That would also allow you to take them out, smell them, and reminisce at any time!