• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fairly new collector....dumb questions....

27 posts in this topic

1}----Not sure about that Neat scanner. It looks like it feeds the page through it and I think it might catch on any word ballons or stats that maybe on the page.

2}-- Your right about the camera...works great and is more practical because your not limited on size.....by the way...great Thanos page. If Doug says its awsome then it must be awsome. I went way out of my normal comfort zone$$$ on that Infinity page of mine...but its worth it

I've tried using a camera and nothing beats a large format scanner for both quality and convenience. I have a Mustek and it's not that slow, a few seconds per scan. It seems like a long time when you're scanning a huge pile of pages but unless you have the DPI really high it doesn't take very long. As for scanning larger pieces, for most of them it just takes a little patience and some photo-editing software. I use a 10 year old version of Photoshop and was able to scan this no problem. Art area is 23 x 35. I have scanned a lot of strip art and I find it immensely helpful.

fosterh-princevaliant1960-02-14a.jpg

Larger image:

http://www.collectingfool.com/published/fosterh-princevaliant1960-02-14.jpg

I have very little patience and never took the time to learn anything about Photoshop that wasn't immediately picked just by looking at the commands. Anyone who actually took a few minutes to learn what they were doing could do much better.