• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM DC's Secret Origins 1961 (The Original)

7 posts in this topic

Always had a soft spot for this book. There was no Marvel yet (FF #1 would hit SID's shelfs in a couple of months) and DC managed to slip in 8 Origin Stories for a Quarter.

Of the 8, 5 were lifted from the actual first appearance of the Characters, 2 were taken from later reprints (still pretty old even back in 1961) and 1 was merely a one page text origin...

Oh, the back cover was pretty cool, as well...

80pagegiants.jpg

80pagegiants001.jpg

Always had a soft spot for this book. There was no Marvel yet (FF #1 would hit SID's shelfs in a couple of months) and DC managed to slip in 8 Origin Stories for a Quarter.

Of the 8, 5 were lifted from the actual first appearance of the Characters, 2 were taken from later reprints (still pretty old even back in 1961) and 1 was merely a one page text origin...

Oh, the back cover was pretty cool, as well...

80pagegiants.jpg

80pagegiants001.jpg

:applause: (thumbs u

I'll go 6.5 but maybe on a good day a 7.0. BTW, it's one of the great books of the era. I think that's the largest DC logo of any age, but defintitely the Silver Age. I think that's one of the charming qualities of the book. Somehow I ended up with two copies one is a slabbed 7.0 and one is a raw 7.0--at least that's what the dealer claimed it was. Anyway, whatever grade yours is a real keeper!

SLR