• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

454 posts in this topic

One of my favorites, I have a CGC SS copy of this signed by Heath...don't really need a raw copy so it's got to go. Bought this off the boards a couple of years ago, will sell it at the same price I paid. The biggest defect it the rip on the bottom right corner that goes through 1st page about an inch.

G.I. Combat #44 VG $125

GICombat_44_Front_GA0001.jpg

GICombat_44_Back_GA0001.jpg

Sold to me as a FN, and structurally it's very tight and solid book. But on the back cover there is some tanning and wavyness doesn't look like it got wet, not sure what caused it. Oh, and some numbnutts scrawled krap on the cover.

Pioneer Picture Stories #4 VG $40

PioneerPictureStories_4_Front_GA0001.jpg

PioneerPictureStories_4_Back_GA0001.jpg

Bought this next book from Dtacol on ebay years ago for over $300 and he had it graded as a VG...Not only was it overgraded but also overpriced. Decent enough book, the single center staple is barely attached. I'll grade it as a GD, very nice looking good.

Gerber 8

Blue Beetle #21 GD $200

BlueBeetle_21_Front_GA0001.jpg

BlueBeetle_21_Back_GA0001.jpg

Another book I bought from Dtacol years ago off ebay, he had it graded as a VG (I agree) and priced at $350....taking another loss.

Gerber 7

Bang-Up Comics #1 VG $275

BangUpComics_1_Front_GA.jpg

BangUpComics_1_Back_GA.jpg

One of the things that really got me interested in the GA books, was the fact that the artists, (many of whom were Jewish and using pen names) were highlighting Nazis as villains, using swastikas as bad symbols, way before we got involved in the war, or there was even a lot of information about the death camps. This book is stamped 1941, what a great piece of history.

Another book I bought from Dtacol years ago off ebay, he had it graded as a VG (I agree) and priced at $350....taking another loss.

Gerber 7

Bang-Up Comics #1 VG $275

One of the things that really got me interested in the GA books, was the fact that the artists, (many of whom were Jewish and using pen names) were highlighting Nazis as villains, using swastikas as bad symbols, way before we got involved in the war, or there was even a lot of information about the death camps. This book is stamped 1941, what a great piece of history.

Good observations! I do like that date stamp too.

Beat but complete of this scarce book, I bought a FN copy on this board for a little over $800 so this one has got to go. The cover is completely split among the other obvious defects shown in scan. Selling for less than I paid...again.

Lou Fine cover!

Wonderworld Comics #9 Fair $125

WonderworldComics_9_Front_GA0001.jpg

WonderworldComics_9_Back_GA0001.jpg