• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

***ONE LAST TRY!!!!*** Weird Paperbacks / Foreign Pulps / Foreign Adult Comics

9 posts in this topic

WELCOME!

After the Steranko sale, I thought I'd do another themed sale... this time I'm listing a selection of unusual paperbacks, including foreign pulp paperbacks and foreign adult paperbacks.

As usual :takeit: trumps PMs.

$3 media mail shipping for any amount of merchandise in U.S. Will ship other paperbacks overseas pending shipping quote.

LOT #1

Six 1960s or 1970s pulp paperbacks from Portugal. I'm guessing on the time period since I can't find any dates on these books. All in similar condition, wear on spines, good front and back covers, minor stains and creasing, a name here and there written on the inside. "FBI: Harlem" copy has two small holes on front cover. These lurid paperbacks mimic the style of American 50s and 60s paperbacks.

$40 PRICE REDUCED $15 for all six books

img269.jpg

img264.jpg

img265.jpg

img266.jpg

LOT #2

French adult comic (bandes dessinees pour adultes): ATOMOS #35 from 1976

Fine condition, minor chipping and creasing.

Sci-Fi / adventure stories with minor nudity. Nothing graphic. Check out the cool French versions of U.S. comic logos on the back! 162 pages.

$10 PRICE REDUCED $4

img261.jpg

img263.jpg

LOT #3

A group of nine issues of RISO MUNDIAL (Laugh World), very adult comics from Portugal, all dated 1976 and 1977. All books are 6.5" x 4.75" and 35 pages. All are flat and complete. #105 has writing inside back cover and outside back cover and a 3 inch split spine. The level of adult-ness is higher than the Playboy cartoons of the same era. Lots exaggerated female anatomy, nudity, sexual and suggestive situations, etc. Black bars added to preserve the sanity of the suggestible!

$40 PRICE REDUCED $15 for all nine books

img273.jpg

img272.jpg

img271.jpg

img270.jpg

img274.jpg

LOT #4

This is a very rare copy of THE BEST OF EDGAR ALLAN POE, part of the Royce Quick Reader series, published in 1942. I've never seen a copy of this edition and can't find one anywhere on the net. I've seen many of the other editions, but never this Poe edition. Book features five Poe stories: The Black Cat, The Mask of the Red Death, The Purloined Letter, Berenice, and The Pit and the Pendulum.

Book is only 4.75" tall x 3" wide. 128 pages. Minor spine wear and minor cover wear. {ages are very nice and off-white/white. Features about a dozen B&W illustrations.

$100 NO LONGER FOR SALE (too rare! gotta keep this one)

img259-1.jpg

img260-1.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

LOT #5

This is a scarce copy of New Sabbath Library Vol 1, No 12, published by David C. Cook Publishing in Chicago in March 1899. Main story is "The Young Ditch Rider: A Story of the Plains". Include "In The Land of the Mirage" and other stories by John H. Whitson.

Complete, spine wear, small tears, the most significant is on the left bottom of front cover. Small piece out left side rear cover. Staining on front and rear cover. Pages are nice. Some corner creases top of pages. Includes beautiful b&w engravings. I'll try to add samples later.

$25 PRICE REDUCED $8

img267.jpg

img268-1.jpg

ONE LAST TRY!

LOT 1: Six pulp paperbacks from Portugal => $40 NOW $15

LOT 2: ATOMOS comic book from France => $10 NOW $4

LOT 3: Nine issues of RISO MUNDIAL, adult comics from Portugal => $40 NOW $15

LOT 4: Edgar Allan Poe Royce Quick Reader => No Longer For Sale

LOT 5: New Sabbath Library Vol. 1 #12, The Young Ditch Rider => $25 NOW $8

OR

LOT 6: Both Portuguese sets (pulp paperbacks and Riso Mundial set) AND the French Atomos book (all sixteen books) for $32.