• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Certificates of Authenticity? How do you store yours?

34 posts in this topic

I have CGC graded books that came with COAs when they were raw. I'd like to store them indefinitely. How do you guys store such documents? Mylite + board?

I'm not just talking about pedigree certificates...I'm talking about the sort of COAs you get with Dynamic Forces or Wizard mail-away offer books...

Yeah, I don't get that either - if you're trying to sell a book, a COA carries value (it may be small, but it's there). Makes no sense to just throw them away :shrug:

So a DF certificate that states that this was one out of 60 copies that DF slabbed at 9.6 or higher carries value above the value of the book itself???

I could see saving, and I do, if the book has a limited print run - other than that, the cert. goes in the trash.

Yeah, I don't get that either - if you're trying to sell a book, a COA carries value (it may be small, but it's there). Makes no sense to just throw them away :shrug:

So a DF certificate that states that this was one out of 60 copies that DF slabbed at 9.6 or higher carries value above the value of the book itself???

I could see saving, and I do, if the book has a limited print run - other than that, the cert. goes in the trash.

Its like throwing a bit of history away. Its just a bonus when I buy a pedigree book and the old cert's come with he parcel. The CGC label is not the be all end all when it comes to comics, most of the great collections surfaced well before CGC ever did.